PDA

View Full Version : Joe Derksen released from the UFC

wrestler_nl
30-04-2008, 14:55
Middleweight Joe Doerksen (39-12) joins the not-so-distinguished list of recent fighters to be released from their UFC contracts over the past few months.
The recent trend seems to be focused on the 185 lb. class as Doerksen joins fellow middleweights David Terrell, Kalib Starnes and Travis Lutter on the temporary unemployment line.
The common denominator (besides being released) is that each fighter has a wealth of both talent and presence. Unfortunately they’ve been either stricken with injury or unable to put together a winning record inside the Octagon.

From Doerksen:
“(The UFC officials) made it very clear they’re very happy with the way I fight and they want me to come back, But they need me to go put a couple of wins together (first). It’s always a possibility whenever you lose. I’ve come and gone several times over my career and I’m sure I’ll be back again. It’s not really devastating news. It’s just the cycle I have to go through.”
Doerksen is 1-4 in the UFC including a knockout loss against Ed Herman at UFC 78 and a TKO at the hands of Jason MacDonald at UFC 83. Doerksen however has been fighting since 1999 and with over fifty professional fights he’s not going to be out of work for very long.

(mmamania.com)

Chico
30-04-2008, 15:00
ik weet niet wat de ufc aan het doen is...

kooivechter
30-04-2008, 15:01
jammer. dat zulke jongens als joe het al niet meer redden in de ufc. kun je nagaan wat een hoog niveau ze aan vechters hebben in de. dat ze hem er vrij snel uit doen, wel begrijpelijk maar toch... tegen herman had hij pech op het laatste moment werd hij gevraagd, en kon het net niet afmaken met de triangle toen herman letterlijk gered werd door de bel.