PDA

View Full Version : KO World series, press release

Justinian
21-05-2008, 11:42
BY Dixon McIver
I would firstly like to thank the support of all regarding KO World Series and as the CEO I am stepping aside to allow this fantastic brand to grow into a world leader of combative sports.

As many of you may have read KO World Series is now under new ownership of a Hong Kong consortium that will take KO World Series to unbelievable heights for the sport, the fighters and of course the fans.

The reason for me stepping aside is purely personal. After discussions with the new owners of whom I have the upmost confidence in fulfilling the dream of KO World Series it was mutually decided that due to the continuous negative publicity that has surrounded me with K-1 and Ray Sefo it has distracted the task at hand.

Since the inception of KO World Series in February of this year many who speculated its existence embraced its arrival only to have doubt of what has transpired over the past 3 months. We launched KO World Series Boxing only to cancel its inaugural launch on 3 occasions due to us simply not being ready, the time and effort also put us behind schedule on the Kickboxing World Circuit in which the Macau event has once again been postponed. An assurance from the new owners has been given to the fighters scheduled to participate as we feel that they have put their careers on hold awaiting our decision. We thank you for your support and the agreed fight purses have been placed in Escrow accounts for each and every one of you for the upcoming new schedule. Taking this into consideration the remainder of the series including 2009 is now in consideration regarding host cities and venues.

One of the telling factors of why KO World Series has taken so long to decide on round 2 of the series is the contractual breach of MCN Sports. Last year we reported the signing of a multi million dollar webcast deal with MCN Sports in which they failed to deliver after the first show. The search of new investors has brought us to where we are today. The MCN Sports contract was the financial backbone of KO World Series and we are currently in the process of litigation against MCN Sports for their non fulfillment of the said contract not to mention the presence of KO on their website which has been asked to be removed on a number of occasions. We have tried to mediate with MCN Sports CEO Marc Brunet but to no avail, we have since learnt that they are facing closure.

To elaborate further the continuous negative publicity by Jeroen Winters from MAT Magazine whose agenda has been personal I would like to clarify the following.

The release that is continuously circulating from his report of last year regarding the feud between Ray Sefo and myself is dead and buried. The case itself did not go any further than the allegations made by Mr Sefo. On a number of occasions tabloids and reporters in New Zealand have asked me the question “what happened” the answer is simply nothing? The audited accounts came back in a favor on my behalf, something I have never spoken about publicly due to the respect I had for Mr Sefo, something which has past since knowledge of Jeroen Winters reports assisted by Mr Sefo and K-1 Europe representative Igor Jushko. The latest report regarding the upcoming bankruptcy of myself in which Mr Winters has brought to the international public, yet another feeble personal attack has neglected to specify that it is for the gymnasium that Mr Sefo and I owned together along with personal guarantees. Quite simply the gym failed and a document signed by myself to take on the responsibility 100% of the Planet Health Gym was to protect the name of Mr Sefo. In which I have re assured Mr Sefo on a number of occasions this is something I will still fulfill. Again a public statement that I did not wish to share but you have left no choice.

My life personally has been torn apart since the said article and to keep a brave face during the hardest times of ones life is taxing. Only now that I can see a future in something that I created can I rest easily but it has come at a price which only time can heal.

The new management team of KO World Series is well experienced and capable of taking the brand to new heights. Dennis Harvey the Television Production manager will continue in a more senior role in which he has already secured global broadcasters for the future of KO World Series. Dennis’s experience in International Television is of the highest regard with more than 27 years in the business. His co-ordination of 5 Olympics and 5 Americas Cup regattas along with numerous international productions speaks for itself.

Harry Gorian will remain as the International Supervisor and Match Maker. His work has been unprecedented, his relationships and knowledge in both the Kickboxing and Boxing is a key component to the success of KO World Series.
John Glozier will continue as KO World Series Boxing Match Maker in conjunction with Harry Gorian. John has also been through some trying times during the cancellations of the previously scheduled events. His capacity and knowledge within the Boxing fraternity is valuable to KO World Series.

The New Team will continue with the policy’s set in place from day 1, no politics, transparency along with opportunity for fighters to have the right to fulfill their dreams.

I would personally like to thank BOA from Rogue Magazine for his continuous support on a purely non biased opinion. BOA has written for the betterment of the sport unlike others he reports on all shows fairly which is what this sport needs.

I look forward to returning again to this fantastic industry in which I have a passion for in the near future but not at the price that has affected the ones closest to me at this stage. On many occasions I have quoted the words “Build it and they will come” KO World Series has been built, people came and with the new organization in place it will continue to break new boundaries.