PDA

View Full Version : - SEAN SHERK TALKS UFC 84 LOSS TO BJ PENN

Tony
29-05-2008, 08:12
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/6362-BJPennSherk016UFC84.jpg

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship lightweight titleholder Sean "The Muscle Shark" Sherk was defeated by reigning champion B.J. Penn at UFC 84. Like most other perfectionists, Sherk is his own worst critic.

"There's a few things I should have and would have done different if I could do it again," Sean Sherk told MMAWeekly.com. "You know? You always look back after the fight is over and you say, “I should have done this, I wish I would have done that.” It's the same thing. There's a couple of things I could have done differently. All and all, I guess I came here with something to prove hopefully I did that."

Penn was consistently able to land his jab throughout the fight. Given a second chance, Sherk said he would have implemented more head movement among other things. "I know a lot of times when he was hitting that jab was when I stopped moving. I stopped moving my head, and his placement on punches was really good," said the Minnesota native.

"He kept finding, as you can see, he kept finding my eye. He was working that cut. He has a real fast jab and good placement on it, so I should have kept my head moving a little more."

Following the fight, many questioned Sherk's strategy to remain standing with Penn. "I wanted to show everyone that I can box,” said Sherk. "People want to see diversity in this sport. I'm not a one-dimensional fighter like people think I am, and I came here with something to prove.

"I wanted to gain respect back from the fans, first of all. Secondly, I wanted to give the fans something they paid for. People paid a lot of money to come see this fight, so I wanted to hopefully re-establish myself I guess is what I'm trying to say."

Sean Sherk finds himself back in the mix of UFC lightweight contenders. While it's not a career path he wanted to take, it makes for several interesting match ups for the former lightweight champion.

Tony
29-05-2008, 08:12
Ik was echt fel anti Sherk tijdens zijn laatste partij... maar na het gevecht heeft ie weer een heeeeeel klein beetje respect teruggewonnen vind ik...

niet veel... maar zeker wel wat...

chief108
29-05-2008, 08:57
ik was wel blij dat hij iig niet de hele tijd alleen maar op Penn bleef liggen

Tony
29-05-2008, 09:01
precies... x2

Maar dat zou dan betekend hebben dat Sherk de takedown gekregen had... en dat kan natuurlijk niet ;)