PDA

View Full Version : JENS PULVER TALKS WEC 34 {SPOILER}

Tony
05-06-2008, 10:03
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/6411-FaberPulver732WEC34.jpg

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship lightweight champion Jens Pulver lost a hard-fought, five-round war with World Extreme Cagefighting featherweight champion Urijah Faber Sunday night. Pulver spoke with MMAWeekly.com about the loss and his fighting future.

"It was tough. That fight, it hurt," said Pulver. "It was tough. I remember looking up and going, Jesus, this is only the third round. It felt like seven."

Known for his punching power and striking ability, Pulver found himself on the losing end of the stand-up exchanges. "I just kept hanging in there no matter what he brought, what he's got, keep hanging," commented the WEC featherweight contender. "I'm always one punch away from turning this thing around, and I just stayed in there trying to fight, and that was all I had.

"I felt like I had him hurting and slowing down at moments, but I wasn't getting the combinations off. I wasn't getting in there and getting snap. I couldn't catch him more-or-less."

Already putting the loss behind him, Pulver looks to the future. "I definitely want a few more fights. That's the best I've felt physically," said the 33-year-old fighter. "I don't think anybody has seen me stop shots like that with a great wrestler especially in a long time. I'm excited and really looking forward to going in there and fighting again."

Asked if he wanted to fight anyone in particular, Pulver responded, "I'll fight whoever they put in front of me. It's whoever. I don't make that choice."

Pulver plans to take the summer off from competition, but expects to be back in action later in the year.

Tony
05-06-2008, 11:49
Hoop dat ie terug komt na zijn (verplichte) pauze....

Blijft een geweldige gast die Jens Pulver...

Vergeet zijn partij tegen Kenji Arai (Bushido 10) nooit meer... PATS soccerkick.. exit Arai....

p diddy
05-06-2008, 13:59
bedankt voor de spoiler

Nopain85
05-06-2008, 14:14
De topic heet: JENS PULVER TALKS WEC 34 LOSS TO URIJAH FABER..
Wat denk je dan dat er besproken wordt??...:rolleyes:

Ik denk dat hij het resultaat van de wedstrijd nog niet wist :)

chief108
05-06-2008, 14:17
titel maar ff aangepast.... :p

Tony
05-06-2008, 15:13
Komop zeg... het is donderdag... hoelang moet ik spoilers blijven gebruiken?

Dadelijk wordt er nog iemand pissig op me omdat ik verklap dat wanderlei verloren heeft van Crocop :lol: