PDA

View Full Version : Mike Dolce Speaks Out Against TUF

Tony
06-06-2008, 11:27
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3112/2555115590_63bffc6103.jpg?v=0
Looks like I'm not the only one who didn't enjoy this season of the Ultimate Fighter. Mike Dolce speaks out to MMA Weekly:

At the risk of pissing a bunch of people off, I’m going to tell you.

Personally, I knew something was seriously wrong with this production when, as a sequestered, professional athlete in the midst of a major sporting event, I could not obtain a free range chicken breast for almost 48 hours of repeated requests, but a bottle of tequila, a half rack of beer and a funnel could be delivered in twenty minutes at any time of day or night with a single belligerent phone call. All under the guise of trying to determine just who was The Ultimate Fighter…the epitome of professional athletics.

Is Spike TV, The Ultimate Fighter, the UFC or our rapidly growing fan-base really interested in finding the next great representative that can cause the most destruction to a rented home while getting drunk, pissing his pants and sacrificing his dignity?

I don’t think so.

Are they looking for a house full of socially inept, moral delinquents that couldn’t channel their mental energy into anything more meaningful than a wall mural of penises and vaginas?

What was once a ground-breaking format that introduced the world to the most exciting combat sport in history, has slowly degraded into a low-brow compilation of alcohol induced, frat boy antics that could serve to destroy the very concept it was intended to create.

Tony
06-06-2008, 11:29
1 groot circus daar bij TUF achter de schermen.....
Wat een soap..

Maargoed... toch blijven we kijken..

oh ja, dat was ook de bedoeling ervan.... ;)

Guillermo
06-06-2008, 11:32
Gouden kooi? :pimp:

Briant
06-06-2008, 11:33
Het is wel erg opvallend dat er elk seizoen zoveel gesloopt word. Zo veel is er ook nie voor nodig als programmaleiding natuurlijk, laat die mensen op elkaars lip zitten 5 weken lang, giet er wat alcohol in en voila.

Overigens kijk ik wel graag, want er zit zeker wel talent bij de deelnemers (sommige ook helemaal niet, maar das dan ook weer leuk om te zien). Wat mij betreft mogen ze het gedeelte van het huis weg laten en wat meer trainingsmateriaal laten zien.

Angelco
06-06-2008, 12:09
ik zou best wel eens de 'behind the scenes' van TUF willen zien :p

FightingDutchman
06-06-2008, 12:25
Volgens mij heeft ie niets nieuws te melden... Lijkt me logsich dat er wat extra alcohol in gegooid wordt om het een beetje leuker te maken voor de kijkcijfers... Het is immers een commerciele organisatie en talent vissen ze er heus wel uit dus wat kun je doen om het nog wat leuker te maken!? Juist ze het hele huis laten slopen.

Maar ondanks dat alles kijk ik wel iedere week weer trouw de nieuwe aflevering :)