PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hughes: ‘Thiago came in big’ at UFC 85

Tony
10-06-2008, 09:38
http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/thiagoalves.jpg

“I fully expected to win, things didn’t go my way. Thiago came in big, some people told me that he looked bigger than me in the octagon. I didn’t expect that but I also think that had nothing to do with the outcome of the fight. I think Thiago came up with a good game plan. He didn’t throw too many punches or any kicks to where I could take him down. He was stronger than I thought and he was quite defensive on the ground. So, where does that leave me? I’ve got one more fight on my UFC contract. I’m wanting to fight Matt Serra (but that’s for the UFC to decide). We’ll see what happens and decide after that fight what I’m going to do. My nose has about 4 or 5 stitches, I couldn’t count when he put them in. My left knee is pretty messed up, I’m going to have to get it looked at. Thiago was very nice after the fight, he seems to be a very good guy. I like that, we’ve always got along good.”

Matt Hughes reflects on his second round technical knockout loss to Thiago Alves this weekend during the main event at UFC 85: “Bedlam” at the O2 Arena in London, England. “The Pitbull” came in four pounds heavy because he says he injured his ankle leading up to the fight, which limited his ability to shed weight via cardio. But, anyone who has seen the pictures of Thiago in that fight knows that there doesn’t seem to be much left to lose — he has become an absolutely enormous 170-pound fighter.

RtoDeep
10-06-2008, 10:55
die gozer zag er idd fukking groot uit.

Tony
10-06-2008, 11:57
jupz.. en dat was echt meer dan alleen die 4 pound overgewicht :lol:

wrestler_nl
10-06-2008, 12:59
He came in BIG indeed!!

Evilman
10-06-2008, 19:33
hughes is ingehaald en overreden.
ben blij dat ie nog maar 1 gevecht heeft.