PDA

View Full Version : UFC Quick Quote: Matt Serra on elbow injury and Matt Hughes fight in fall

Tony
16-06-2008, 14:24
http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/serra-hughes.jpg

“I’m just healing up my elbow. Everything [Georges St. Pierre] did to me is fine, you know what I mean. That heals up in a few days, the black eyes. But I elbowed his head at the beginning of the fight when he took me down and I did something to my ulnar nerve. So I’m just resting that up, I can’t really roll or spar right now. But I’m staying in shape by jumping on the treadmill and whatnot, trying to not go nuts with the pasta, you know. But I should be all right. I’m getting it checked out some more but right now there’s still some numbness in my hand….. Let me tell you what’s next for Matt Serra. But since you said it… You know what? I’m gonna heal up my elbow and most likely be fighting Hughes, hopefully in the fall. That’s gonna be fun, people are going to look forward to that. And I feel like a winner already knowing I get to hit that guy.”

– Former welterweight champion Matt Serra talks to TheGarv.com about an elbow injury that he sustained in his loss to Georges St. Pierre at UFC 83: “Serra vs. St. Pierre 2″ back in April, as well as his looming showdown with Matt Hughes sometime later this year. Serra and Hughes — who are about as opposite as two people can get — were opposing coaches in The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 6 and were supposed to fight at UFC 79: “Nemesis” in December 2007. However, Serra had to withdraw because of a serious back injury. The pair has been yapping about getting in the Octagon together for more than a year … expect more of the same until this thing is settled.

Ronald
16-06-2008, 14:28
Van mij mag die partij er nog steeds komen :)

Tony
16-06-2008, 14:34
Ik zeg: Bring it on...

laatste partij voor hughes... kan ie nog een keer laten zien waarom hij de meest dominante welterweight ooit was....
en daarna lekker met pensioen en terug naar zijn tractor op de akkers.

Paganstars
16-06-2008, 15:23
Bring it on... brute match....

Jochem
16-06-2008, 17:29
Beide hebben ze last van het kleine mannetjes syndroom. En het Down syndroom. Nu willen ze bewijzen wij de grootste kleine retard is.

maw: geen idee wat het nu begon, ik weet wel dat ze al vanaf voor TUF een hekel aan elkaar hebben, vooral serra aan hughes.