PDA

View Full Version : Aoki's rubber technique's (DREAM 4 Spoiler)

Tony
17-06-2008, 00:28
http://i28.tinypic.com/34pz2qh.jpg

Everyone agrees that the submission Shinya Aoki pulled on Katsuhiko Nagata at DREAM 4 was the shizzle. But no one is quite sure what to call it.

As Michael David Smith from AOL Fanhouse says:

Shinya Aoki defeated Katsuhiko Nagata by first-round submission today at the Dream.4 event in Japan, and watching the way Aoki finished Nagata has me thinking Aoki might be the best submission artist in MMA right now.

Aoki's submission took advantage of his extreme flexibility to go from a full mount position to get his shin up toward Nagata's neck. It was so unique that no one is quite sure what to call it -- Jim Murphy at the Savage Science calls it an omoplata shoulderlock from the top mount, while Sherdog lists Aoki as having won with a gogoplata. Bas Rutten, calling the fight for HDNet, said he had never seen Aoki's submission before. When you've got a submission move that Rutten has never seen, you're doing something special.

Then you've got Matt C. over at 5oz calling it the Aoki-plata. Personally, I'm going with MMA-Core's nomenclature: the Locoplata.

UPDATE: As usual our readers are more knowledgeable than I. In the comments, Tanner Mathews explains that its a gogoplata from the top, something that Eddie Bravo has explained on DVD AND my colleague Nick Thomas points out that Shinya himself used the move in a grappling tourny a couple years back. Also the locoplata is already used by Bravo for a different move:

The locoplata is a gogo but you put your other foot thats free on your heel grab their arm and push with that foot. Thats the subtle difference between the gogo and eddie’s loco.

And to muddy the waters further, Nick Honstein won the 145lb title at the Kick Down 50: Milestone event in Denver, CO with the same move except he called it a locoplata and the official press release called it an "umoplata" (sic).

Tony
17-06-2008, 00:28
anyway... hoe ie ook heet..
Eddie Bravo eat your heart out :D

Ulis-E
17-06-2008, 00:53
volgens mij heb ik nog ergens een video waarin eddie deze techniek voor de eerste keer voorlegt aan shinya met japanse pers erbij...

Tony
17-06-2008, 00:58
volgens mij heb ik nog ergens een video waarin eddie deze techniek voor de eerste keer voorlegt aan shinya met japanse pers erbij...

Zijn dat beelden van na dit gevecht? Of doel je op eerdere beelden?
Ik had deze techniek nog nooit eerder gezien.

Vond destijds die gogoplata tegen Joachim Hanssen al behoorlijk shocking... deze is natuurlijk helemaal bruut.

danial
17-06-2008, 01:44
Justinian(roy) doet het ook vaak. soms van andere posities, zit wel direct

joost
17-06-2008, 01:46
Justinian(roy) doet het ook vaak. soms van andere posities, zit wel direct

x2 :D

vraag dennuz maar die is altijd de test dummy

mooie techniek :thup:

The Bulldog
17-06-2008, 09:40
Test dummy en justi rule.......

Rutten eat your hart out......wHAHAHAHA

el bastardo
17-06-2008, 10:27
Coole techniek

Dennuz
17-06-2008, 12:09
x2 :D

vraag dennuz maar die is altijd de test dummy

mooie techniek :thup:

Yepz.. Deze techniek is gegarandeerd Tap Time.. Vanuit welke positie dan ook..

Paganstars
17-06-2008, 12:53
WTF??!! Wat is dit voor bizarre submissie... het lijkt op een reversed omoplata... maar dan erm... ja WTF??!!

chief108
17-06-2008, 13:40
Test dummy en justi rule.......

Rutten eat your hart out......wHAHAHAHA
:lol:

die Justi moet gewoon de ring in.... ;)

Ulis-E
17-06-2008, 13:50
Zijn dat beelden van na dit gevecht? Of doel je op eerdere beelden?
Ik had deze techniek nog nooit eerder gezien.

Vond destijds die gogoplata tegen Joachim Hanssen al behoorlijk shocking... deze is natuurlijk helemaal bruut.

neej, was deel van een documentaire, opgenomen door een van z'n leerlingen.. maar idd deze move is wel heeel slick gedaan