PDA

View Full Version : mousasi interview

MB667
09-07-2008, 14:30
beetje oud maar geen repost volgens mij

Dream official website posted an interview with Gegard Mousasi. This interview was taken place on June 16.

- Congratulation. Now you move on to the final round. How was your fight?
I think I could finish him earlier if I was particular about a standing position. I didn't because I wanted to show my ground ability; therefore, I had a fight like last night. I believe Yoon got my knee once, yet he was tough and recovered very quick. He was a strong fighter and I was disappointed that our fight was decided by judges; consequently I'm glad to win.
- Why didn't you keep the standing position?
I punched him as much as my hands were swollen in the first 5 min. He resisted and I gave up. I'm impressed to see Judo fighter's patience.
- What kind of impression did you have to Yoon?
First of all, his endurance was amazing. His arm bar was unbelievable and his take down was also good. I trained not to be taken down and how to control after being taken down, so I could fight without being afraid of taking it. I can say I was better all round fighter than him.
- How do do you prepare for the final round?
I need a rest for a week, then I will start training gradually. I'm going to train with Fedor within 2 weeks from now in Russia. I will stay there for 2 weeks and review what I learn from him when I come back to the Netherlands.
- With Fedor?
I just join in his training for Tim Silvia fight, at Affliction in Russia.
- Do you go there as his sparring partner?
I wish. I think I will learn more than he does from me.
- Who do you want to fight in the final round?
I have 2 fights per day. To have a good result, it's more important for me to fight someone who I feel comfortable with his style. I prefer fighting someone standing style fighter; for example, Melvin. He is getting an attention now in my country. I'm anonymous and I will be famous if I defeat him!
- What do you think about the fight of Sakuraba vs Melvin?
I personally wanted Sakuraba win; although, I had a hunch Melvin win. I think Sakuraba looked tired because of his age. I think he is not as the same as he was 2 years ago.
- Tell me your enthusiasm about your next fight.
I do my best. I think I should fight in my opponent's strong style if I want to win. If I fight Melvin, I will fight in the standing position. I will prepare and make a fight plan wisely. I pray for God to give me good luck. I definitely win this tournament. After defending the title couple of times, I would like to challenge to the light heavy weight and heavy weight.

wrestler_nl
09-07-2008, 14:48
bedankt....wel leuk dat ie met fedor heeft meegetraind!

Tony
09-07-2008, 14:56
toppie :)

marcelt
09-07-2008, 15:43
Zo hij wil staande met Melvin; moet je toch wel heel overtuigd zijn van je eigen kwaliteiten!

Bedankt Mb reps!

fedor
09-07-2008, 17:01
Ik zag zelfs dattie wat dingen probeerde in het gevecht met Kang..hij nam in het begin van het gevecht exact dezelfde vechthouding aan als Fedor altijd doet...ik vind het een topper die gozer..zo jong en al zo goed verdient idd veel meer aandacht..