PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to be a fucking fighter?

Tony
12-07-2008, 09:49
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2380/2200190052_2f0eeb8f39.jpg?v=0

“I’m looking for a well-rounded athletic fighter, but the most important thing to me is record. It’s very frustrating in my job. I don’t look for victims. I pride myself in making competitive matchups…. I don’t care what happens in the gym. Lots of people do well in the gym. Going in the cage is a completely different thing, so I want to know how many fights do you have and who did you fight…. Did he beat up a bunch of guys who, this was their first fight? … or did he beat up a bunch of guys who had multiple fights and this much experience?… (In early MMA) if you had somebody who didn’t understand jiu-jitsu, you could beat them without being much of an athlete,” Silva said. “Nowadays, everybody knows. There’s no secret techniques. People know, and they cross-train. Being an athlete quite often is what makes the difference.”

UFC matchmaker and vice president of talent relations, Joe Silva, on how to become a UFC fighter. Aspiring competitors take note. It isn’t all about signing autographs and banging broads.

schurem
12-07-2008, 14:15
fuck that, i'd rather be a Fighting Fucker :P