PDA

View Full Version : White supports Rampage

MMA Fan
18-07-2008, 12:49
UFC’s ’Rampage’ draws serious concern
By Dan Duggan
Friday, July 18, 2008 - Updated 2m ago

E-mail Printable (7) Comments Text size Share (0) Rate
Dana White didn’t offer much information about the bizarre events surrounding UFC superstar Quinton “Rampage” Jackson yesterday, but the UFC president was quick to offer his support - firsthand - for the light heavyweight.

After Jackson was arrested Tuesday in Costa Mesa, Calif., and booked on a felony charge of evading arrest, and misdemeanor charges of hit-and-run and reckless driving following a chase with police, White said he was on a plane within “17 minutes” and actually beat Jackson to the Orange County Jail. Jackson was eventually released on $25,000 bail, and has a court date set for Aug. 15.

Then, yesterday, NBCSports.com reported that the former champ was hospitalized Wednesday for a mental health evaluation after friends were concerned by his “unusual behavior.”

Though White did not elaborate on Jackson’s condition, he did throw a load of support behind the fighter.

“When you’re in the UFC you’re part of this family and we really do care about most of the guys in this organization,” White told the Herald Wednesday night in his first public comments since Jackson’s arrest. “I’m not going to tell you I love every guy in here that fights for me, but most of these guys that fight for us, I truly do care about these guys inside and outside the Octagon. When bad (expletive) happens, you better believe I’m showing up.”

Tuesday afternoon, Jackson was allegedly observed weaving his pickup truck in and out of traffic with a flat tire and refused to pull over when police attempted a traffic stop. During the ensuing chase, Jackson drove onto the sidewalk causing pedestrians to flee, ran numerous red lights and collided with a car in an intersection before surrendering to police without incident. No injuries were reported in the chase that began around 1 p.m. and lasted a few minutes. According to reports, there was no evidence that Jackson, who lost the light heavyweight title July 5 to Forrest Griffin, was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

“We’re in a legal situation right now and we really can’t talk about it yet. I can tell you this, I’ve known Rampage for a long time and he’s a (expletive) great guy,” White said. “I like him personally as a friend. I respect and love him as a fighter. It’s a tough situation. It made no sense to me. I didn’t understand it until I got out there yesterday. It makes more sense to me now and I understand it more and we’re going to get it figured it out.”

Irvine, Calif. police Lt. Rick Handfield told NBCSports.com that Jackson was not being charged with any crimes in Wednesday’s incident, and that it was considered a “mental health detainment.”

White declined to get into specifics about Jackson’s state of mind, citing both legal issues and his friendship with Jackson.

“We’re going to take care of him,” White said. “We’re going to do what we can do to help him through this.”

Mike
18-07-2008, 14:08
Rampage Pre-Rampage: I'm Fat and Messed Up - TMZ.com (http://www.tmz.com/2008/07/16/rampage-pre-rampage-im-fat-and-messed-up/)

wow , wat lult rampage vaaag!!!! gaat eg nie goed met de man

te gelovig , ik herken em zo nie eens

dit is opgenomen 1 dag voor de rampage van rampage

chief108
18-07-2008, 14:27
ziet er niet best uit nee.... :(

MilfhunterMMA
18-07-2008, 14:32
zou dit te maken kunnen hebben met opgelopen hersenschade? want rampage zoals in the old days lijkt me hier niet het type naar

Garcia
18-07-2008, 14:34
Kids, don't do drugs!!

leks
18-07-2008, 14:34
dat zou wel heel erg snel zijn dan lijkt me, dit moet wel drugs zijn of misschien haddie altijd al een persoonlijkheidsstoornis kweenie gok drugs, hopelijk enkel bad trip en niet iets accumulatiefs, zit je anders wel even aan vast

chief108
18-07-2008, 14:35
ls hij daadwerkelijk een depressie heeft kan dit het gevolg zijn van de depressie en ook van de medicijnen daarvoor
hij is iig zeker niet de Rampage die we gewend zijn

Mike
18-07-2008, 14:37
Round 2 -- Cops Nab "Rampage" Again - TMZ.com (http://www.tmz.com/2008/07/17/round-2-cops-nab-rampage-again/)

weer opgepakt , maar dit keer vrijwillig?

Mike
18-07-2008, 14:41
Just How Troubled Is Rampage? (Pt. 1) (http://www.cagepotato.com/2008/07/17/just-how-troubled-is-rampage-pt-1)

Just How Troubled Is Rampage? (Pt. 2) (http://www.cagepotato.com/2008/07/17/just-how-troubled-is-rampage-pt-2/)

rumors , maar ja ik denk dat er wel een kern van waarheid inzit als ik rampage zo hoor praten in recente interviews.

Sources say:
Rampage thinks he’s God…He had a falling out with his trainer a couple of days before the first arrest. Basically he has lost his mind and is talking very religious and is saying that he is God. This is the main thing I wanted to keep hidden, but with the second arrest and Dana talking it will come out regardless. He needs some serious help. I don’t know if you would call it schizophrenia or bipolar disorder or what have you, but whatever it is, basically it’s become impossible to have a conversation with him. He is delusional

tom l
18-07-2008, 14:46
Ik vind dat blind geloof van rampage erg griezelig...maar ja, zo is het natuurlijk met heel veel Amerikanen.

chief108
18-07-2008, 14:49
klinkt als een aardige psychose iig...

die gaan we voorlopig niet weer zien

Mike
18-07-2008, 14:53
Ik vind dat blind geloof van rampage erg griezelig...maar ja, zo is het natuurlijk met heel veel Amerikanen.

ja in nederland is t idd helemaal anders

met het cda aan de macht :D

Mike
18-07-2008, 14:57
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Shredded Tire from Chase (http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/759098266.html)

hier kan je de kapotte band van rampage's toyo tyre truck kopen :S

topfighter
18-07-2008, 15:17
misschien van die kopstoot????? hihi!!!

Mike
18-07-2008, 16:10
hier wat vroege signalen uit 2005
Quinton Jackson: Changed In and Out of the Ring (http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/quinton-jackson-changed-in-and-out-of-the-ring-2448)

dimitri
18-07-2008, 16:15
Van zo'n verstandige en bescheiden man als Dana White verbaast het me niets dat hij voorstander is van apestoned rondscheuren in een woonwijk met een lelijk gepimpte pick-up truck.

Evilman
19-07-2008, 18:02
wow.. dit is fucked up.
lijkt wel randleman met zn videootje.
rare shit.

en ja.. dat godsdienstig gelul is
enorm irritant. alle verantwoordelijkheid
buiten jezelf plaatsen.