PDA

View Full Version : Herb Dean

anonymous001
25-07-2008, 17:47
Ik zeg hem bij Affliction. Is ie weg bij UFC?

Hiro
25-07-2008, 17:56
Nee want hij is nooit van de UFC geweest. Volgens mij worden de scheidsrechters in Amerika aangewezen door de NSAC (een soort overkoepelende bond voor vechtsporten).

anonymous001
25-07-2008, 18:00
Weet je het zeker? In ieder geval heeft John McCarthy toen echt zijn aanstelling beeindigd bij -meende ik toen- de UFC. Sowieso zijn het altijd dezelfde scheidsen, dus dan lijkt het me niet dat die door een overkoepelende organisatie aangesteld worden, toch?

Hiro
25-07-2008, 18:07
Ja ik weet het zeker. Ik zal ff een stukje zoeken waar dat staat.

YoMarK
25-07-2008, 18:21
John McCarthy is niet gestopt bij de UFC, maar bij NSAC(Nevada State Athletic commision). Gestopt met scheidsen dus.
Scheidsen van de NSAC zul je dus bij iedere promotie zien in Nevada.

Hiro
25-07-2008, 18:25
Hier een interview met "UFC" scheidsrechter Steve Mazagatti

Jesse Holland (UFCmania): Steve first and foremost thank you for taking the time to talk with us here at UFCmania. The first thing I want to do is clear up a common misconception about your position, especially for some of our newer fans. You’re not actually employed by the UFC are you? Steve Mazzagatti: No, certainly not. I work for the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC). They control the officiating for combat sports here in Nevada.
Jesse Holland (UFCmania): If you’re employed by the NSAC, how difficult is it to travel to another state when you have a pay-per-view (PPV) in California or say, Ohio?
Steve Mazzagatti: Well the commission in each state regulates their own guys. What happens is the promoter will organize an event and request the refs they normally use. Most states it’s not an issue but a place like Florida it’s hard to get an out of state ref to come in because they like to use their own guys.

Jesse Holland (UFCmania): Can the UFC choose which referee will officiate which bout?
Steve Mazzagatti: No, that falls under the NSAC as well. In fact, the commission is meeting on Monday (3/5/07) to determine the refs for each fight at the next WEC event.
Jesse Holland (UFCmania): How difficult is it to officiate in different organizations when the rules are sometimes drastically different? In PRIDE you can use stomps but not elbows, and in the UFC it’s just the opposite. Is it hard to remember where you’re at?
Steve Mazzagatti: Oh yeah, it’s a challenge, especially when the events are so close together. But I feel if fighters can do it then so can I. It’s all part of the job that’s why it’s so important for me to stay sharp. What a rule is today might not be a rule tomorrow so as the sport evolves as a ref you gotta evolve too.
Dus dat geldt ook voor Herb Dean, big John en alle anderen.

anonymous001
26-07-2008, 14:58
Maar in Engeland komen dezelfde scheidsen opdraven, toch? Is dat dan gewoon omdat het vanuit de VS georganiseerd wordt? Of is dat vrije tijdsbesteding?

YoMarK
26-07-2008, 17:10
Het kan zo zijn dat de de UFC contact heeft opgenomen met de NSAC of ze daar willen scheidsen(dat mag blijkbaar van de lokale overheid).
Andersom werkt het zo in ieder geval niet, een MMA event in Nevada moet altijd gearbitreerd worden door de NSAC.

Hiro
26-07-2008, 17:30
In Engeland hebben ze geen athletic commision voor MMA. En omdat ze het overzichtelijk willen houden in Engeland worden de regels van de NSAC daar ook toegepast.

Marc Ratner, the former executive director of the Nevada Athletic Commission, is returning to the regulatory side of the fight game -- for one night, at least.

Ratner, who made big news when he resigned his long-time commission post in 2006 to accept a job as a vice president with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, will handle regulatory issues for the UFC card in Manchester, England, on Saturday since the British Boxing Board of Control does not regulate mixed martial arts.

Ratner said his goal is to make the fight card, which will be shown live on Spike TV in the United States, just like it would be if it were held in Nevada. He will appoint the referees and judges, require the same medical clearances that are used here and conduct the card with the unified MMA rules that govern all UFC fights in the United States.
He plans to bring two inspectors from the Nevada commission, Jack Lazzarotto and Chuck Anzalone, to Manchester to assist.