PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Silva vs. Patrick Cote @ UFC 90

wrestler_nl
27-07-2008, 13:26
Anderson Silva (22-4) will put his 185-pound title on the line against Patrick Cote (13-4) at UFC 90 at the Allstate Arena in Chicago, Ill., on October 25.

It was the match up we all expected because of the recent hand injury to Yushin Okami — considered the top contender until the mishap. Now we just have a date for the showdown.
And “The Predator” is nothing short of confident.
Here’s a snip from the Canadian:

‘‘I’m telling all my friends to bet on me because they’re going to make a lot of money…. This guy will need 10 punches to my face to knock me out, and I’ll just need one. I have a good chance. He won’t exchange with me, and I’m not scared of him.”
That’s the type of confidence that he will certainly need to bring to the table against the Brazilian sensation. Whether or not it translates into success inside the Octagon is an entirely different animal.
Silva is on an absolute tear … and a devastating one at that. He is on an eight-fight win streak, seven of which have come under the UFC banner. And none of those fights just mentioned have gone past the second round.

To keep himself busy and the fans entertained, Silva recently moved up to light heavyweight and dispatched of James Irvin in round one of their non-title 205-pound bout at UFC Fight Night 14.
It’s not a stretch to refer to him as the top mixed martial artist on the planet. And that doesn’t appear to phase Cote … yet.
He has rebounded from losing his first four contests inside the Octagon to notch five straight impressive wins. Cote, in fact, has stopped three of his last four opponents via technical knockout.

By the sounds of it, he sounds intent to keep this fight upright, which is often not the best strategy when it comes to defeating Silva. However, Cote has only lost via submission or decision …. so anything is possible.

We’ll find out in Chicago on October 25 on pay-per-view (PPV).

(mmamania.com)

Virus
27-07-2008, 14:21
Punten overwinning voor Silva... Zie Cote niet KO gaan tegen Silva

Prak
27-07-2008, 19:00
Punten overwinning voor Silva... Zie Cote niet KO gaan tegen Silva
ik weet niet of Cote KO gaat,
maar denk toch zeker wel dat de Scheidsrechter al in de 1e ronde de party laat stoppen ten voordele Silva

Tony
27-07-2008, 19:14
Ik heb zo;n gevoel dat cote voor een upset kan zorgen...

maarja, van de ene kant.. Ik dacht dat Steve Irvin dat ook kon..

wrestler_nl
27-07-2008, 22:38
Ik heb zo;n gevoel dat cote voor een upset kan zorgen...

maarja, van de ene kant.. Ik dacht dat Steve Irvin dat ook kon..

je bedoelt james irvin:)

Tony
27-07-2008, 22:49
lol idd :lol:

anonymous001
28-07-2008, 00:25
:lol:

Denk trouwens dat Cote geen enkele kans maakt...

The Bulldog
28-07-2008, 00:32
tja je moet wat als UFC om hem zijn titel te laten verdedigen...

Silva by domination

anonymous001
28-07-2008, 00:37
tja je moet wat als UFC om hem zijn titel te laten verdedigen...

Silva by domination

Yup en yup...

Garcia
28-07-2008, 09:36
Misschien geen KO maar denk wel een mooie submission van Silva.