PDA

View Full Version : Tito Ortiz vs Renato '' Babalu '' Sobral

Jani
29-07-2008, 19:44
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz has signed with Affliction and will debut with the promotion at Affliction 2 on October 11th against former UFC light heavyweight challenger Renato “Babalu” Sobral, according to Yahoo! Sports:

Sources tell Yahoo! Sports that the Oct. 11 date has been submitted to the Nevada State Athletic Commission and that the first two fights named on the card are Fedor Emelianenko versus Andrei Arlovski, and the Ortiz-Babalu fight at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. Roy Englebrecht will be the licensed fight promoter for the card.

Yahoo! Sports spoke with Affliction VP Tom Atencio who would not confirm the Ortiz-Babalu fight saying that details for the fight card will be released during an Aug. 6 press conference most likely in Las Vegas. Atencio also indicated that he didn’t think Affliction could speak with Ortiz until Aug. 4. Ortiz had a 60 day non-compete in his UFC contract. His last fight for UFC was on May 24 at UFC 84. If the 60 day clause is accurate, the deal ended this past weekend. Atencio said the biggest stumbling block for an Ortiz deal are the financial terms.

Ortiz (15-6-1) fulfilled his contract with the UFC in May with a unanimous decision loss to Lyoto Machida at UFC 84. “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” has failed to win his last three bouts and has not posted a victory since a late-2006 win over Ken Shamrock.

Sobral (30-7) dropped back-to-back bouts in the UFC against Chuck Liddell and Jason Lambert but bounced back with a submission win over David Heath at UFC 74. The win, however, sent “Babalu” out of the UFC as he initially refused to release the choke and was subsequently fined and released by the UFC. Sobral won his third-straight bout at Affliction “Banned” with a unanimous decision victory over Mike Whitehead.

UFC News, UFC Rumors, UFC Events, Mixed Martial Arts News, and MMA Rumors | MMAFrenzy.com (http://www.mmafrenzy.com/)

mooie partij !!!

ik hoop dat babalu hem pakt,vind hem echt een top knokker.
Renato Sobral hilight reel (http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=7844954141037613245&ei=J0iPSMnoE43yiQKciNjRCA&hl=nl)

the boxer
29-07-2008, 19:48
Hoop?? Hij gaat hem zeer zeker pakken!!!!!!

Joris
29-07-2008, 20:02
babalu all the way..

Biiyen
29-07-2008, 20:02
Mooie match-up! Affliction 2 wordt ook weer genieten zo lijkt.

MilfhunterMMA
29-07-2008, 20:03
hmmm die actie van sobral tegen heath beviel me niet zo. the huntington beach pumpkin head op ground 'n pound.

Garcia
29-07-2008, 20:26
De lineup gaat vet worden!!!

Italiahxc
29-07-2008, 20:31
Babalu WINS by KO !

Virus
29-07-2008, 21:55
Lol... Tito gaat `m domineren...

Dat denk ik, maar hoop ik ook zeker...

YoMarK
29-07-2008, 23:41
Cool!!!
Affliction2 gaat geweldig worden!

Ralph
29-07-2008, 23:44
Leuk gevecht!!! Ik hoop dat Tito nog wat kan bewijzen in de ring. Babalu en hij zijn iig zeker aan elkaar gewaagd!

Italiahxc
29-07-2008, 23:51
Hmm gewaagd? Ik denk toch eerder dat Babalu Ortiz gaat domineren en een KO gaat maken. Babalu is heel erg verbeterd in zijn boksen en kan Ortiz gemakkelijk aan op de grond. Er is een submission in de maak, maar Babalu zal toch een KO maken.

Virus
30-07-2008, 00:07
Hm... Dat zou knap zijn want ik kan me op de beatdowns van Liddell geen partij voor de geest halen waarin iemand Ortiz KO kreeg...

Nee... Renato is goed, maar Tito gaat `m pakken...

Virus
30-07-2008, 02:06
Renato: "I`ll fuck Tito!"

http://www.tatame.com/2008/07/26/Bab...uck-Tito-Ortiz

Renato “Babalu” Sobral started perfectly at Affliction event. Dominating Mike Whitehead and winning by unanimous decision, Babalu spoke to TATAME after his fight and commented the event debut and the support of the crowd. “It was pretty cool, I had the crowd supporting me all the time, people here are really fans. Josh (Barnett) fought well too and won, people of my team are very happy and now we’ll drink everything to celebrate (laughs)”, jokes Babalu, that said who he wants to face on his next Affliction fight. “I want Tito Ortiz. I’m going after that motherfucker, I’ll fuck him (laughs)… But let them (Affliction) sign with him first”, told Babalu.

leobos
30-07-2008, 02:10
tito op ko round 2

Paganstars
30-07-2008, 09:55
Erm... Homo erotische verlangs van Babalu??!! Anyways Tito op hele dikke GnP!

Tony
30-07-2008, 10:11
Ik ga dus no way geld inzetten op deze partij...

Denk dat Tito eerst aan de winnende hand is en babalu voorziet van een degelijke gnp... MAar dat Babalu ergens een stiekeme submission erin gooit... denk een arm triangle, derde ronde.

RisingSun
30-07-2008, 18:44
Ik hoop Tito!

dimitri
30-07-2008, 18:50
Renato: "I`ll fuck Tito!"

http://www.tatame.com/2008/07/26/Bab...uck-Tito-Ortiz

Renato “Babalu” Sobral started perfectly at Affliction event. Dominating Mike Whitehead and winning by unanimous decision, Babalu spoke to TATAME after his fight and commented the event debut and the support of the crowd. “It was pretty cool, I had the crowd supporting me all the time, people here are really fans. Josh (Barnett) fought well too and won, people of my team are very happy and now we’ll drink everything to celebrate (laughs)”, jokes Babalu, that said who he wants to face on his next Affliction fight. “I want Tito Ortiz. I’m going after that motherfucker, I’ll fuck him (laughs)… But let them (Affliction) sign with him first”, told Babalu.

Klasse van Babalu...

Ik denk dat hij Tito op beslissing zal verslaan. Tito zal hem niet makkelijk op de grond krijgen, en zelfs als dat lukt zal hij weining kunnen doen. Babalu zal Tito rechtstaand domineren.

renamer
30-07-2008, 20:12
beters.. ken iemand die organizatie nog herineren.. ufc ofzow.. dat was toch helemaal de shizle voor dat affliction kwam??? haha good old times