PDA

View Full Version : Aleks Emelianenko: Deadlines (not health) kept him out of Affliction debut

Tony
31-07-2008, 09:26
http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/aleksanderemelianenko.jpg

Aleksander Emelianenko failed to meet the medical licensing requirements and was scratched from his bout against Paul Buentello at the Affliction: Banned event on July 19 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California.

California State Athletic Commission Executive Director, Armando Garcia, was unable to elaborate on the situation due to California’s very strict medical privacy laws. And since Gary Goodrich was able to step-up on such short notice to replace him, much of the fallout from Emelianenko’s ban went by the wayside.

That’s not to suggest the MMA community didn’t do its share of speculating. Everything from hepatitis to a brain aneurysm — even total heart failure — was offered as a possible cause.

Not so, according to “Sasha” (translated from Life.ru):

I passed the medical board and my license to fight was obtained without any problems. But the fact is that in California the commission is very rigid for admittance. One of the main conditions to let you fight is the ability to pass all of your tests on time. I had to be in America by July 13, the Visa was only good until the fourteenth and my tickets were purchased in advance for the fifteenth. On the whole, I was late. They thought the organizers could agree and settle the problem but they quickly found out they would not be able to get me on the card. Instead they were able to find a suitable replacement for Paul Buentello. The laws in California are so rigid.

According to Emelianenko, it wasn’t his health, rather his inability to meet the strict deadlines that California imposes on competing fighters.

The same strict guidelines that every other participant, including older brother Fedor Emelianenko, were able to meet.

Garcia
31-07-2008, 09:54
Hopen dat hij de deadlines volgende keer wel haalt :p

Tony
31-07-2008, 09:59
maar heeft ie dan toch geen Hepatitis? Is het gewoon een roddel geweest?

Jochem
31-07-2008, 10:13
haha, lol @ Tony die zich verbaast over een roddel hier op MF

Tony
31-07-2008, 10:16
Lol, nee het was niet een mixfight roddel..

eerder een nieuwsfeit dat op zeker 10 (betrouwbare) MMA blogs te vinden was..

Maar het zou me niks verbazen als die gast wél hepatitis heeft en gewoon doet alsof er iets anders aan de hand is.

Aleksgate continues :)

Tony
31-07-2008, 10:18
haha, lol @ Tony die zich verbaast over een roddel hier op MF

Wij, mixfightleden, creëren geen roddels... Wij verdraaien slechts waarheden zodat ze spannender over komen ;)

Paganstars
31-07-2008, 10:45
Nee de waarheid is een subjectief iets, daar waar wij mixfightleden graag over praten maar daarbij vaak ons doel voorbijschieten.

Tony
31-07-2008, 10:49
mooi gesproken kerel :osu:

anonymous001
31-07-2008, 10:53
We can make the truth here. Or we can lose it here.
But in three days, you're going to be going to Saltillo.
Then it'll be too late for the truth.
Too late.
Because you'll be in the hands of other peoples...
...and who's to say what the truth will be then?
And then you'll think about this day...
...and you'll blame yourself.
There ain't but one truth.
Truth is not what come out of somebody's mouth.
The people in this town are very quiet people.
Very quiet people all the time.

Maar... wat Tony zegt, we moeten het allemaal nog maar eens afwachten wat er nou aan de hand is. Veel Tour renners hebben ook "moeite met deadlines". We wachten af, in ieder geval mooi dat hij waarschijnlijk weer kan vechten.