PDA

View Full Version : Michael Bisping plans to go "straight through" Chris Leben

Tony
04-08-2008, 15:01
http://mmajunkie.com/dyn/images/fighters/michael-bisping.jpg

UFC middleweight Michael Bisping (16-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) will get his second shot at headlining a card at October's UFC 89 event in his native England. And while Bisping's first headlining gig netted him his only career loss to date against Rashad Evans, "The Count" thinks this time will be different.

Bisping discussed his upcoming bout with Chris Leben while a guest on a special weekend edition of TAGG Radio (TAGG Radio Network - Home of TAGG Radio & The Lights Out Show! (http://www.taggradio.com)), the official radio partner of MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com
(http://www.mmajunkie.com)).

"I've got respect for [Leben]," Bisping said. "But I'm going to go straight through him. That's what I'm made to do."

The fight will be Bisping's third in the middleweight division. The Liverpool native started his career at 205 pounds, but he made the decision to move down a weight class after suffering the lone loss of his career.

"I only had one loss at 205 (pounds)," Bisping said. "But in the UFC I wasn't beating my opponents like I would like to beat them.

"When I was in the U.K., the light heavyweights are a little smaller than what they are here in the States. I was running straight through guys. I only had one loss, but I wasn't beating [my opponents] as I would like to beat them. So I said to myself, 'When I get beat, I'll drop down.'

"I lost a split decision to Rashad (Evans), so I dropped down. I think that's one of the best things I ever did for my whole career. I feel faster, stronger."

After first-round TKO victories over Charles McCarthy and Jason Day, Bisping now looks to take another step forward in the division against the heavy-handed Leben. Bisping knows that Leben will present a stern challenge.

"Most people, when they talk about Chris Leben, they say he's a brawler and things like that," Bisping said. "Sure, he may like to brawl. But he's got legitimate skills. You can't fight in the UFC as long as he has and be around the MMA scene that long without picking up all the necessary skills.

"He's got a decent ground game, decent wrestling. He's got decent striking. He looks very unorthodox the way he fights, but obviously, it works for him. He's beaten a lot of fighters."

Both fighters are known for their brawling, aggressive stand-up styles. Bisping thinks the fight should be a treat for the fans.

"Everyone knows how hard he hits, and people talk about his iron chin," Bisping said. "I think he's going to come out swinging, and I'm going to do the same. I think it's going to be a great fight for the fans.

"I think if I go in there and bring my 'A' game I can beat him. I'm expecting a good fight."

The UFC's middleweight division has been dominated by current champion Anderson Silva for two years. Bisping says he's still learning, but he hopes for a shot at Silva with another few victories.

"I'm learning all the time," Bisping said. "I've still got things I want to work on. but I'm happy with the progress I've made. Every few months that go by, I'm getting better and better. Maybe if I keep winning two or three more fights, which would be a year, hopefully I'll get [a title shot]."

Before Bisping can look to take on the champion, he knows he must get through Leben. Bisping has a simple prediction for the fight.

"I predict I'm going to win," Bisping said of his bout with Leben. "On Oct. 18, he's just another opponent that's going to get his ass kicked."

Tony
04-08-2008, 15:02
Man wat heb ik zin in deze....

Hoop zelf op een late 3rd round KO winst voor Leben..

anonymous001
04-08-2008, 15:15
Ik denk en hoop dat Bisping de nieuwe kampioen wordt...

Dit wordt een mooie partij, maar Leben gaat echt niet winnen...

Peete
04-08-2008, 19:23
yeah, en wie gaat hier heen.....juist ikke!!!!

Influcted
04-08-2008, 19:24
Beiden overrated.. we zullen zien.

Tony
04-08-2008, 19:26
Leben is 18 - 4 - 0.... kan je niks van zeggen.. geweldige vent met top vechtersmentaliteit...

Bisping wás overrated... tot ie ging cutten tot 185 en nu is ie top bezig daar.

MilfhunterMMA
04-08-2008, 19:49
Leben is 18 - 4 - 0.... kan je niks van zeggen.. geweldige vent met top vechtersmentaliteit...

Bisping wás overrated... tot ie ging cutten tot 185 en nu is ie top bezig daar.

waarom vinden jullie bisping overrated?

leks
04-08-2008, 21:05
Makkelijke winst voor Bisping, ik mot die Leben niet en Bisping hep dan ook wel wat minpunten, toch ez win English dude.

Wheelie
04-08-2008, 23:13
Ik vind Bisping top en ik wil hier eigenlijk ook naar toe :)