PDA

View Full Version : UFC Quick Quote: Georges St. Pierre considers shutting it down for 2008

Tony
13-08-2008, 16:47
http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/georgesstipierreinterview.jpg

“Several people mentioned that my next opponent should be BJ Penn. Nothing is obviously signed yet, but fighting him is my number one goal. I think he deserves a chance to challenge for my belt, but we’ll see what happens in the coming weeks. I hope deeply [that my next fight is in Montreal]. The President of the UFC, Dana White, said he would like to return to Montreal before the end of the year. For my part, I do not know if I will go back in the Octagon before 2009. I had four fights in the past 12 months. So I need rest. I like my life, but sometimes I have to relax…. I make so many sacrifices for me prepare. During training camps I can hardly live. Therefore, I need to refuel psychologically.”

– UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre tells RDS.ca that he may not return to action this year because of his recent activity. “Rush” is expected to next put his 170-pound title on the line against UFC Lightweight Champion and former welterweight belt holder, BJ Penn, in a blockbuster mega fight. It was widely expected that the showdown would take place on New Year’s Eve weekend on December 27; however, with four straight wins over top contenders such as Jon Fitch, Matt Serra, Matt Hughes and Josh Koscheck, it appears that St. Pierre may need more time to recharge his batteries to get up for the biggest fight of his career against “The Prodigy.” With more than four months until possible showtime let’s hope he takes a nice long vacation and reconsiders his most recent remarks.

joost
13-08-2008, 19:14
van mij mag ie :D daarna knallen tegen BJ

fedor
14-08-2008, 20:49
zal de ufc niet blij mij zijn...die zijn altijd gebaat bij wisselingen van de wacht..
GSP doe rustig aan je hebt het meer dan verdient..

Hinko
15-08-2008, 13:49
zal de ufc niet blij mij zijn...die zijn altijd gebaat bij wisselingen van de wacht..
GSP doe rustig aan je hebt het meer dan verdient..

+1