PDA

View Full Version : Greased lightning: Kenny Florian ‘A little suspicious’ of Roger Huerta at UFC 87

Tony
22-08-2008, 11:48
http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/kenny_florian.jpg

To be honest he was really slippery and I don’t mean that like technically-wise, he was really slippery. I don’t know, I don’t want to speculate and say that something was used or whatever but he was just hard to hang on to and that was from all the positions. Even when I had him in like a headlock or a guillotine everything was just really slippery. When I get the position, when I get mount, when I get back-mount, I’ve fought and I’ve wrestled some of the best guys on the ground from Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and submission wrestling to MMA and when I get those positions you’re not getting out and Roger was able to get out. It was pretty slippery so I was a little surprised. Just the first time I was mounted on him and he gave his back I was a little suspicious, I knew something was up. Who knows, all I know is I’m good at keeping those positions and I know the difference between sweat and something else and it felt like something else but who knows. (Jokingly) Maybe it’s Albolene left over from the day before from the weight cut!

UFC lightweight contender Kenny Florian indicates that something didn’t feel quite right in his decision win over Roger Huerta at UFC 87: “Seek and Destroy” on August 9.