PDA

View Full Version : Shogun vs Rampage 2 in the making !!!

Jani
24-08-2008, 22:22
Elite-level light-heavyweight Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (16-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) will look to finally rebound from a disappointing Sept. 2007 UFC debut in December according to the Brazilian website Tatame.com.

Rua made a verbal agreement with the UFC to face ex-light-heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (28-7 MMA, 3-1 UFC). Rua and Jackson met in 2005 under the PRIDE banner, with Rua earning a first-round knockout.

"I’ll be back in December," Rua told Tatame.com. "[The UFC] said that I might fight with Quinton Jackson, but nothing has been signed yet. They called me and offered a fight with him and I accepted, but they didn’t say anything else."

Rua is well-aware of Jackson's recent legal struggles, but feels confident Jackson will be available for the bout.

"[Jackson's troubles] surely can be a problem, but I want him back in December and against me," Rua said. "And I believe he can be back."

Rua has struggled through injuries that pre-dated his UFC 76 loss to light-heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin. The injuries forced Rua out of his UFC 85 bout with Chuck Liddell.

Rua said he has recovered fully and is back to training.

"I’m back to training," Rua said. "I’m doing some Muay Thai and jiu-jitsu stuff, and thank God everything is fine now."

UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com
(http://mmajunkie.com/) has been unable to reach Jackson for comment