PDA

View Full Version : RAMPAGE SIGNS WITH WOLFSLAIR; READY TO RETURN

Tony
12-09-2008, 22:50
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/7076-QuintonJackson_Howl.jpg

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson recently decided to leave former trainer and manager Juanito Ibarra and land with United Kingdom based Team Wolfslair.

The former champion spoke exclusively to MMAWeekly.com at UFC 88 in Atlanta about joining up with the new team starting with his next fight.

“I just signed with a new team. I ain’t been part of a team in a while. Last team I was on was Team Punishment, if I can remember correctly,” said Jackson. “So Team Punishment ain’t really punishing right now. They really ain’t teaming up. I need a strong team behind me so I can utilize the full capacity of my strengthnism in fighting.”

One of the biggest factors in making the change was a friendship with Michael Bisping, who worked with Jackson during his camps with Ibarra. Now they will team up again at Bisping’s home camp in England.

“Michael Bisping is such a good sparring partner, and all his guys he’s got in the U.K., and those guys are really, really good. I really like their manager and I like the whole system,” Rampage commented.

The Memphis native confirmed that he signed on with Team Wolfslair for management as well as training for future fights. Jackson also cemented that he will still work out in Big Bear, Calif., for part of his camp, but his main training would take place across the pond in England.

Despite strong speculation that Jackson will make his return to the Octagon in a battle with longtime nemesis Wanderlei Silva – a fighter he has twice lost to in Pride – Jackson couldn’t comment on who he will face next, but he sounded confident for whatever challenge lays ahead.

“Anybody steps in my way, they’re going to get smashed,” Jackson stated. “I’m learning some new skills, I’m doing my thing. I’m going to be on top for a long time.”

Chico
13-09-2008, 08:39
strengthnism :confused:

hij zat toch zijn hele carriere bij Juanito Ibarra of zie ik dat verkeerd?

bryan
13-09-2008, 08:59
strengthnism :confused:

hij zat toch zijn hele carriere bij Juanito Ibarra of zie ik dat verkeerd?

volgens mij komt hij bij team oyama vandaan voordat hij naar ibarra ging