PDA

View Full Version : Rashad Evans: ‘Paul Buentello hits harder and faster than Chuck Liddell’

Tony
17-09-2008, 08:45
http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/rashadevansmyspace.jpg

Rashad Evans was our guest on this weeks broadcast of Pro MMA Radio. Presented by MMAmania.com, Pro MMA Radio airs live every Monday night at 9pm and features many of the top fighters from the UFC and beyond.

Also on the show, MMAmania.com Editor and Senior Writer Jesse Holland compared notes with host Larry Pepe on the Affliction/Golden Boy announcement as well as their picks for UFC Fight Night 15 “Diaz vs. Neer”.

The main attraction of course was Evans, who covered everything from his upset win over Chuck Liddell at UFC 88 to the infamous ‘Nipplegate’.

What I found interesting about his comments on Liddell was not just that he swung the overhand right a couple of times prior to the one that connected, but that the Iceman may possibly have a tell: A menacing facial expression just prior to striking.

Talk then shifted to life at the Jackson camp and I was surprised to hear Evans say that Paul Buentello hits harder and faster than Liddell. I know many fans may disagree but how many of us can say they’ve been hit by both men?

Rashad also maintains that he will never fight teammate Keith Jardine under any circumstance. I guess once was enough for those two when they clashed on The Ultimate Fighter Season 2. Speaking of TUF, none other than MMA Legend Dan Severn was instrumental in getting Evans a spot on the final roster.

His tenure on the show was a little tumultuous thanks to coach Matt Hughes. While he says the two are ‘cool’ now, he does admit that Matt’s showboating accusations have made that stereotype difficult to break.

I wonder if we’ll see more of that from Rashad’s brother, who will be a contestant on the upcoming season of TUF 8?

Tito is one fighter Evans would like a rematch with after “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” tried to punk him in front of his wife at a UFC show.

Finally there’s ‘Nipplegate”, the strange but effective method of playing “Tune in Tokyo” with one’s self. I would get into the graphic details but hey, that’s what the replay is for. Take a listen!

dimitri
18-09-2008, 17:24
Buentello is veel zwaarder dan Chuck, en een veel betere kickboxer. Niet echt een verassing dat hij een beetje harder kan slaan, toch.

Tony
18-09-2008, 17:25
Dacht dat buentello een pure bokser was.. en geen kickbokser.. toch?

dimitri
18-09-2008, 17:30
Dacht dat buentello een pure bokser was.. en geen kickbokser.. toch?

1. Zijn bijnaam is the headhunter, omdat hij vaal naar het hooft trapt...
2. Zijn team heeft American Kicboxing Association

1+2 = kickboxer

Tony
18-09-2008, 18:20
1 zwaluw maakt nog geen zomer ;)

Maar ik geloof je...

makavelli
18-09-2008, 19:02
1. Zijn bijnaam is the headhunter, omdat hij vaal naar het hooft trapt...
2. Zijn team heeft American Kicboxing Association

1+2 = kickboxer

Ik vind buentello niet echt een kickbokser. Ik zie hem bijna nooit trappen, hoog uit een slappe lowkick. En bij de American Kickboxing academy zitten bijna alleen maar MMA vechters.

dimitri
19-09-2008, 15:34
Ik vind buentello niet echt een kickbokser. Ik zie hem bijna nooit trappen, hoog uit een slappe lowkick. En bij de American Kickboxing academy zitten bijna alleen maar MMA vechters.

Ik durf te wedden dat z'n slappe lowkicks hard aankomen.