PDA

View Full Version : Paul Slowinski interview

MB667
18-09-2008, 16:42
PERFEKT-TV / MMAblog: Looking back at your last three fights, one can't say that they were successful. Your fans expected something different, they're a bit disappointed.

P S: Well K-1 is a sport where you can plan something but in the end everything goes down the drain. Most of my previous fights where under Muay Thai rules. This was a different caliber of opponents and different frequency of performances.

PERFEKT-TV / MMAblog: Frequency of performances? What do you mean by that?

P S: Before teaming with Ernesto I used to fight very often - sometimes every three weeks. I needed that to keep my form. Hoost made me fight less, I need some time to get used to that. We pay more attention to improving my boxing. Much has changed recently in my life and I need time to get back on track.

PERFEKT-TV / MMAblog: OK, but watching your fight against Saki I can hardly find any excuse...

P S: I don't want to get back to that fight over and over again. I will say it one more time - I underestimated that fighter, and the consequences were obvious. I will never make the same mistake again.

PERFEKT-TV / MMAblog: I imagine how that defeat is painful to you. I remember that you said before the fight that a good performance would help you to negotiate a better contract with K-1...

P S: OK, let's move on.

PERFEKT-TV / MMAblog: Recently you have fought in Poland for the WMC Super Heavyweight World Title. You won by TKO. Your rival, Czech fighter Antonin Dusek, wasn't a big obstacle.

P S: First of all I'd like to say that I was very pleased to fight in my country in front of Polish people. As to the Czech fighter, maybe he wasn't the toughest rival I've ever had, but remember that I fight against heavyweights - every punch can send you down. For sure this time I didn't disregard anything (laughs). I really was moved fighting that night in front of my people. I felt a big stress.

PERFEKT-TV / MMAblog: Let's talk about your last fight in Hawaii, where you squared off against Aziz Jahjah of Holland. Pawel, to be honest, it was quite a horror watching that fight.

PS: First of all Aziz is at the moment a hot fighter in Holland. The scale of his talent is compared to Badr Hari's. Now, getting back to the fight, the first round was under my control, in the second I got caught with a very hard punch to my ear. From that moment I fought to survive. When the third round started I knew that I have to press on and knock him out, because he was leading on points. I know that not everything looked good... but I won. Aziz is a very "inconvenient" opponent. His fight style is a bit chaotic.

PERFEKT-TV / MMAblog: OK, let's talk about the news. 27 September 2008, K-1 WGP Seoul Final 16: Remy Bonjasky vs Pawel Slowinski... impressive.

PS: I asked K-1 for Remy, he agreed. This fight is something I've always dreamt about. And my dream comes true. At the moment all my staff is working to prepare me for the fight. I'll be 100% ready.

PERFEKT-TV / MMAblog: We are curious what tactic will you choose for Bonjasky.

P S: We all know he's a great fighter, his last fights have only proved that. My plan is to keep him at bay and watch out for the flying knees. When he closes the distance, I will try to stick to him. And off course I'm working on my boxing.

PERFEKT-TV / MMAblog: You walk into the ring with the White Eagle on your T-shirt, but still under Australian flag...

P S: Well, before my last two fights I'd asked K-1 officials to announce me as a Polish fighter, but I have no idea why they ignored that. I hope in Seoul there will be no such problems.

PERFEKT-TV / MMAblog: These are great news to your Polish fans. I don't want to take any more of your time, so last question: what are your plans for the nearest future?

P S: Everything depends on my fight with Bonjasky...If I win - I'll go to Japan, I lose - in October I'll come to Poland.

interview: Perfekt-TV/ MMA Blog

translation: Chrzan

micha
18-09-2008, 16:43
thanks man

MilfhunterMMA
18-09-2008, 20:26
wat een ontzettend zeikerig interview. die toon bevalt me totaal niet.

De man van 14K
18-09-2008, 20:38
Het eind is beter dan het begin gelukkig maar idd zeikerig. Ik vind het een leuke vechter om naar te kijken, ik vraag me alleen af of hij het red tegen Bonjasky... ik denk dat hij er in de tweede ronde uit ligt eigenlijk..

Mr 1 Leg
18-09-2008, 22:29
remy gaat hem de 4hoeken van close up laten zien