PDA

View Full Version : UFC Quick Quote: Houston Alexander couldn’t hear at UFC Fight Night 15

Tony
19-09-2008, 15:23
http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/houston-alexander.jpg

“The crowd was so loud that I couldn’t hear my corner. If I heard them and knew, you know, there are 10 seconds left, five seconds left, whatever, I would have tried to hung in there a little longer and survived. But it was so loud and these people were supporting me so much, I couldn’t hear and I had to tap.”

– Houston Alexander tells Yahoo!Sports.com that if he knew how much time was left in the first round (seven seconds) he perhaps would have tried to last until the bell rather than tap because of an Eric Schafer arm triangle at UFC Fight Night 15: “Diaz vs. Neer” last night. Alexander is from Nebraska and had his hometown crowd vociferously rooting him on until the waning seconds of the opening frame. The loss is Alexander’s third straight, pushing his record inside the Octagon below .500 (2-3).

Tony
19-09-2008, 15:24
kan die gast ook een keertje verliezen zonder excuus achteraf... elke keer is er weer wat anders.

terug naar huis, terug naar de kids, terug naar het strijkijzer, terug naar de keuken.

nicolas the red
19-09-2008, 15:25
flauw excuus

Tony
19-09-2008, 15:28
Watching the Alexander/Schafer fight again, a few things occur to me…

— The first big knee Alexander caught Schafer with at the 0:20 mark was borderline illegal. The second one was absolutely illegal. Coincidentally, the penultimate strike he landed on Keith Jardine during their fight last May was also an illegal knee. The dude’s been getting away with murder.

— Alexander still has no idea what to do when he’s mounted. It may be time to find a new training camp. (I hear the guys at Wolfslair Academy are very friendly…)

— Houston’s lack of aptitude on the ground shouldn’t take away from Schafer’s accomplishment; that arm-choke was fucking superb. Watch the way he sets it up from 4:33 until the tap. Still, Red won’t have too much of an impact in such a stacked division — a drop to middleweight might be in order.

Emilio
19-09-2008, 16:15
tering. elke x excuses ja. Ik was eerst wel gecharmeerd door hem, maar begin het steeds meer een loser te vinden.

als hij nou gewoon toegeeft dat hij een complete noob is op de grond.

denk dat zijn ufccareer wel beetje afgelopen is.

Ivo C.
19-09-2008, 16:18
He didn't hear because his biceps was on his ear :lol:
For teh rest, there was notthing to hear!

KO TKO
19-09-2008, 20:24
Ik vind het wel leen leuke vechter, mar hij moet wel leren op de grond te vechten. En snel ook want hij is al redelijk oud voor een MMA vechter.

Tony
19-09-2008, 20:35
Denk dat ie blij mag zijn als ie nog een kans krijgt.

KO TKO
19-09-2008, 20:45
Denk dat ie blij mag zijn als ie nog een kans krijgt.

Misschien krijgt hij nog een kans, want hij is wel populair.