PDA

View Full Version : Jacaré intervieuw oa over dream

MMARuud
21-09-2008, 03:01
Interviewed by Ed Preuss for MMA Sports

From the bottom of the Amazon River, Ronaldo Jacaré (Jacaré meaning Brazilian alligator in Portuguese) is quickly rising as a dominant force in the MMA world. The Jiu-Jitsu and Submission Grappling phenom is coming off a recent victory of Jason “Mayhem” Miller and first round submission over Ian Murphy in the DREAM middleweight Grand Prix.
Jacaré celebrates his win doing an impression of the animal he carries the name (alligator), crawling across the ring. With such aggressiveness, stamina and technique, he will be a tough test for any opponent. "He was such a tough guy and I m happy because I was able to impose my game against a great fighter," stated the Brazilian fighter about his bout with Mayhem. "It doesn't matter. I've never picked opponents and I can tell you I am having a lot of fun and I will do my best to get the title” continued Jacare.
In this exclusive MMA Sports interview get a chance to know more about this new sensation they call “Brazilian Alligator”.
MMA Sports: Tell me about this second fight at Dream against Jason Miller. What's the difference between this fight and the previous, when you gave Ian Murphy no chance?
Jacare: This second one against Miller was way better for me, because I faced a strong fighter and he holds a great record. I’m happy because I was able to impose my game against a great fighter. I fought him for 15 minutes and it was a great experience. I've learned a lot with this match. It was different from the first one, which I did everything right and won fast.
MMA Sports: So would you say Ian Murphy was an easy one?
Jacare: There is no such thing as an easy fight when the subject is Vale-Tudo. Everybody trains hard these days and Murphy wasn't different. I imposed my game and I believe I did a nice job. For that fight, I was a little concerned about my debut and my goal was winning fast.
MMA Sports: Talking about Miller. Did you ever think you could be defeated during the fight?
Jacare: No, it didn't cross my mind. I knew I would win that match. But in the beginning of the first round he gave me a hard time. So, that moment was the key where I knew I would beat him.
MMA SPORTS: So, what do you expect of the finals?
Jacare: It doesn't matter. I've never picked opponents and I can tell you I am having a lot of fun and I will do my best to get the title and become the DREAM Champ.
MMA Sports: People all around the globe are wondering to see a fight between you and Sakuraba. What do you think about fighting him? How would it be a fight between you?
Jacare: Sakuraba has always fought the best Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu fighters and he already beat some of them. It would be an honor to fight him. I think it would be a remarkable fight for my career. I would try to use my Jiu-Jitsu to defeat him.
MMA Sports: Tell me a little bit about your training at Xtreme Couture?
Jacare: It's awesome. I have been training hard with the whole team. Training is very strong and guys are great. I have been doing excellent training for Boxing and Muay Thai.
MMA Sports: So, how do you feel among those fight stars such as Randy Couture, Wanderlei Silva…
Jacare: It's the best. The best four hours of my day. It's such an honor to train by Wanderlei Silva, Forrest Griffin, Tyson Griffin…the whole team kicks ass. Especially when I train with Randy Couture. Couture is a living legend and he deserves the UFC title. He is very strong, tough and a good human being. He has such a clinch and applies such perfect takedowns. He is a model for everybody who trains here.