PDA

View Full Version : UFC Quick Quote: Lyoto Machida wants to fight Rashad Evans to determine number one co

Tony
22-09-2008, 10:18
http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/machida.jpg

“I’m waiting for any situation, or face him, if he gets better, or having another opponent. I would like to face Rashad Evans, and the winner gets a title shot, but now it seems like they will put him against Forrest Griffin … I’d like to face him and the winner gets Griffin, it’s a good way. I don’t know how it’s gonna be, I’m ready to fight, but don’t wanna fight anyone, because I’m building my way in UFC and I wanna fight the top fighters so that they could give me a title shot after…. I never chose opponents, I leave it to UFC and my managers, what they want for me is good. If they think fight Shogun is better I’ll do it, I’m prepared to for everything.”

– Top light heavyweight contender Lyoto Machida — who is likely one win away from a 205-pound title shot — tells Tatame.com that his ideal scenario with be a number one title contender eliminator match against Rashad Evans. However, it appears that Evans is already in line to fight reigning champion Forrest Griffin as soon as UFC 92 in December. Machida was supposed to take on Thiago Silva last month before an injury derailed the monster showdown. Machida reveals that Mauricio “Shogun” Rua is also in the picture, which is another fantastic option. Either way, there’s likely a great fight on the horizon next for Machida, just not a title shot.

chief108
22-09-2008, 10:57
Either way, there’s likely a great fight on the horizon next for Machida, just not a title shot.
hell yeah

ziet er allemaal wel goed uit idd