PDA

View Full Version : M-1 Exclusive! Gegard Mousasi: "Fedor inspired me"

michaell
13-10-2008, 14:59
We caught up with the DREAM middleweight Grand Prix winner & champion. In this exclusive interview Gerard tells about his emotions before & after the GP Finals, starring in a movie alongside Fedor and how it feels like training with the best heavyweight in the world. Further he reveals future plans, bureaucratic origin of his name, hints at moving up the class and much more.

Michael Mazur: Hi, Gegard. First of all, congratulations once again with your astonishing victory that September evening.
Gegard Mousasi: Thank you.

Michael: Were you nervous the day before the Finals? How did you tune yourself up for 2 fights?
Gegard: No, I was confident maybe a little bit nervous because I really needed to perform well twice in the most important fights of my career so far I didn’t really need to tune myself. The most important thing for me was to be concentrated and fight smart. Also I wasn’t thinking about the second fight - I took it fight by fight.

Michael: What was your first feeling when you realized you captured two belts?
Gegard: Actually, I didn’t feel a lot. I don’t know why… it took some time before I realized that I had done well and that bigger things were coming.

http://www.m1mixfight.com/info/interviews/2008/10/13/excusive-Gegard-Mousasi/

payap
13-10-2008, 15:01
Top michaell. Mooi interview!

chief108
13-10-2008, 15:09
LOL @ sidekick of Fedor....

ben wel benieuwd naar die film :p

nicolas the red
13-10-2008, 15:55
ik ben vooral verrast door het feit dat hij meteen wil doorgroeien (letterlijk) naar LHW en zelfs HW! is dat niet wat te hoog gegrepen?

dimitri
13-10-2008, 20:53
Volgens sherdog 1m86, da's ongeveer hetzelfde als Crocop (1.88), en die weegt rond de 100 kg. Moet toch wel groot genoeg zijn om als LHW te vechten.

michaell
14-10-2008, 17:01
ik ben vooral verrast door het feit dat hij meteen wil doorgroeien (letterlijk) naar LHW en zelfs HW! is dat niet wat te hoog gegrepen?
De bedoeling is LHW terwijl HW meer een graapje was.

YoMarK
14-10-2008, 18:43
Mousasi heeft toch al eens op LHW gevochten tegen Cyborg.
Volgens mij kan hij prima op LHW vechten. Toch denk ik dat MW het ideale gewicht voor hem is.