PDA

View Full Version : Jason ‘Mayhem’ Miller retires from MMA competition … for now

Tony
21-10-2008, 08:25
http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/mayhem_miller.jpg

One of the most charasmatic and popular figures in the sport of mixed martial arts today — Jason “Mayhem” Miller (21-6) — announced that he was retiring from the sport during an interview with FightHype.com earlier today.

“I got plenty of money. I don’t even care. I just do it for fun. I love fighting, but I’m just doing it for fun. I don’t feel like doing it right now, so I’m not going to do it. There’s no need. There’s no need for me to fight, so I’m just happy to have lived such a fun career inside of MMA, so if it ends now, it was fun.”

Miller has almost a cult-like following of fans that he often refers to as the “Mayhem Monkeys” who support his bizarre and often hilarious persona. He assured those fans that he’ll still be involved in the sport in one way or anther even if he’s not fighting:

“Oh, I will be in the MMA world. I can’t really escape this land of tacky skull tee shirts and [censored] with bad tattoos. I can’t get out of here that easily, but with that being said … I don’t know, I don’t need to fight.”

He has explored doing interviews and things like that with Pro Elite in the past — he’s a regular on the Jason Ellis Show on Sirius satellite radio for “Mayhem Monday’s,” and it’s certainly possible we’ll see Jason in the broadcasting booth some day soon as well.

So, when he says he’ll still be in the MMA world, he’s telling the truth. There are plenty of opportunities for a guy with his personality in the broadcasting business.

As far as his fighting career goes, or went, “Mayhem” was a very talented athlete. In fact, his talent carried him to memorable career moments such as becoming the Icon Sport middleweight world champion in 2006 by defeating current Elite XC champ Robbie Lawler, going the distance against George St. Pierre on the UFC 52 card, and competing in the 2008 DREAM Middleweight Grand Prix in Japan where he lost his most recent fight to “Jacare” Souza in the quarterfinals.

He also holds notable wins over Denis Kang and Falaniko Vitale.

At 27 years old, Miller is still young enough to return to fighting one day if that’s what he wants to do and he’s certainly leaving that door open:

“I might come out of retirement in a little while, but right now I’m retired.”

Let’s hope it’s sooner rather than later … and certainly not never. Or the statement is just one big hoax.

Ralph
21-10-2008, 08:45
Misschien leuk als ie zijn comeback tegen Manhoef kan maken :)

renamer
21-10-2008, 11:52
haha die adhd harrie vliegt binnen de kortste keren tegen de muren omhoog...

ik schat dat hij binnen 2 maanden weer een partij heeft staan..

Chico
21-10-2008, 11:57

hahaha goed punt :thup:

zou jammer zijn als hij niet meer vecht.. vind het een prachtige vechter..

Tony
21-10-2008, 11:58

Dan doe je hem toch te kort mijns inzien.... Ik vind Miller echt geen walkover hoor en zie hem Manhoef nog wel submitten.

anonymous001
21-10-2008, 12:03
Dan doe je hem toch te kort mijns inzien.... Ik vind Miller echt geen walkover hoor en zie hem Manhoef nog wel submitten.

:confused:

J_roen
21-10-2008, 12:53
Or the statement is just one big hoax.

dat denk ik..

123trisweat
21-10-2008, 13:53
miller wordt co-host van rutten

De man van 14K
21-10-2008, 14:18
miller wordt co-host van rutten

dat zou wat wezen, ik vind die Miller wel cool hoor! getalenteerde gozer ook trouwens.
Gelukkig dat GSP zn ass kickte, dat wel.