PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Silva to Possibly Fight on November 15th at UFC 91

Boutsen83
29-10-2008, 15:49
After the debacle that was Anderson Silva vs. Patrick Cote at UFC 90, it seems that "The Spider" is willing to redeem himself quickly. UFC President Dana White told the Las Vegas Review-Journal (http://www.lvrj.com/sports/33433159.html) that Anderson is ready to go as soon as possible.

"He's flipping out. He wants to fight again, like, on Nov. 15. He's (upset) about his performance and he wants to fight again immediately."

Silva had this to say about his performance.

"I didn't come here to play. I didn't come here to put on a show," Silva said through a translator afterward. "I came here to do my job and I didn't become a champion and defend the title as many times as I have by not doing my job."

I can definitely see Dana White and the UFC brass making this happen. Probably a long shot, but there are some fighters out there that would take this fight on 3 weeks notice. I mean its a win-win for Silva's opponent win or lose.

The best case scenario is if Silva were willing to fight at 205 again. That would open up alot more options, including a super fight with Chuck Liddell.

At middleweight, I think the best possible scenario would be a rematch with Nate Marquardt. In any case, if Dana were to pull this off, UFC 91: Lesnar vs. Couture would probably shatter UFC Pay-Per-View records

Boutsen83
29-10-2008, 15:56
Superfight tegen Lidell ??
Is die al genezen van die zware KO tegen Evans?

Tony
29-10-2008, 16:00
Tja wie hebben we momenteel nog op 185lbs rondlopen die in shape is, een gevecht op 3 weken wil aannemen en niet geblesseerd is...

zou Palhares geen optie kunnen zijn? Dat hij maar een leglock erin knalt en zorgt voor de upset van het jaar..

Marquardt is an sich ook wel een optie.... Hij is goed bezig vind ik... aloewel hij nog steeds te kort zal schieten..

die hele 185lbs division is naar de klote vind ik door het gedomineer van silva... Van elke partij weet je dat de winnaars uiteindelijk naar een titleshot tegen silva gaan... en in die partij weet je dat silva de partij zal winnen...

Ik zeg... naar 205 met silva... en laat dan die hele middleweight divison eens acclimatiseren... Franklin heeft lang genoeg zijn division gedomineerd.. maar ik denk dat ie dat niet meer zal lukken... Bisping, Okami, Marquardt, Palhares, henderson, Leben etc etc... loopt zat talent rond daar..

Tony
29-10-2008, 16:03
ik bedacht me net....

robbie lawler is nu toch weer vrij man... (elite xc)/.....
en what about Kj Noons?

Als ik de ufc was dan wist ik wel wie ik ging contracteren.

Tony
29-10-2008, 16:06
en trouwens... Waar hangt Murillo Bustamante nog uit? En zal Murillo Ninja nog wat kunnen in de UFC? Hij is niet meer wat ie geweest is.

MB667
29-10-2008, 16:22
als ze lef hebben bij de ufc, lenen ze manhoef van k1/dreams

Tony
29-10-2008, 16:28
tja dat is nu net het probleem...

ufc "leent" niemand.. ze willen exclusive contract...

besides.. manhoef is toch heel ff uit de running ivm priveleven.

Slome
29-10-2008, 16:40
tja dat is nu net het probleem...

ufc "leent" niemand.. ze willen exclusive contract...

besides.. manhoef is toch heel ff uit de running ivm priveleven.

maar stel dat ufc hem toch zou willen "lenen"; hmm,, dan zal die vast geen nee zeggen:cool2:

Tony
29-10-2008, 16:42
Geen idee... Manhoef wilde meer tijd doorbrengen met zijn gezin. Dus denk dat ie ook minder aan het trainen is en dus out of shape.

Lijkt me niet dat ie dan een partij aanneemt op 3 weeks notice. :p

Slome
29-10-2008, 16:42
Geen idee... Manhoef wilde meer tijd doorbrengen met zijn gezin. Dus denk dat ie ook minder aan het trainen is en dus out of shape.

Lijkt me niet dat ie dan een partij aanneemt op 3 weeks notice. :p

you win!:crying:

MilfhunterMMA
29-10-2008, 16:53
mousasi is de man die silva kan verslaan

Tony
29-10-2008, 17:00
you win!:crying:

niet huilen beste forumbroeder... nergens voor nodig... we zijn nog steeds vriendjes hoor.

Jani
29-10-2008, 17:05
een partij tegen Lawler zou natuurlijk super zijn !!

of een rematch met Okami

Slome
29-10-2008, 17:08
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/7446-AndersonSilva_UFC90Post_2768.jpg

SILVA APOLOGIZES FOR UFC 90 PERFORMANCE

Being highly regarded as the best pound for pound fighter on the planet doesn't give Anderson Silva much room for error whenever he fights because somehow the entire MMA world has questioned his performance in the win over Patrick Cote last Saturday night at UFC 90.

While many seemed to criticize Silva's performance, the champion was in complete control of the fight, landing the only real power shots of the bout.

If anything, Silva showed great composure and control to avoid an all out slugfest against a heavy handed opponent in Patrick Cote, and the 185-pound king said as much following the fight.

"I didn't come here to play. I didn't come here to put on a show. I came here to do my job," Silva stated at the UFC 90 post fight press conference. "I didn't become a champion and defend my title as many times as I have not doing my job or playing round. So, I hope everybody understands that. And I hope all my future opponents understand that. I'm not here to play. I'm here to win."

Following the lead of teammate and training partner Lyoto Machida, Silva used a counter striking clinic against Cote, but unfortunately for the duration of the two full rounds that happened in the fight, the Canadian played much of the same gameplan.

Regardless of the result, Silva's strategy worked as Cote never connected with any heavy shots, but the overall action was lacking throughout the contest.

"I came in here. I did my job. My strategy was working," Silva stated. "Patrick couldn't find me. And it's unfortunate that his knee went out."

The end of the fight could not have been predicted, as previously mentioned, Cote's knee buckled in the third round causing the fight to be stopped and Silva was declared the winner.

Despite picking up his eighth victory in the UFC, Silva still stayed humble and apologized to the Chicago crowd who did not get the performance out of the champion that they were hoping for.

"I apologized because I've trained really hard with my trainers for five rounds," said Silva. "I dropped down from 230 pounds to 205 pounds to 185 pounds. So, I worked my butt off. I had a long training camp to prepare myself for this fight. So I really feel like I owe everyone an apology for this fight. I owe you guys an apology; I owe the fans an apology and Dana (White).

As for a rematch between Silva and Cote, that remains to be seen. It's possible that Cote could be out for an extended period of time with the knee injury and Silva has been rumored to move back to 205 pounds for his next contest.