PDA

View Full Version : UFC Quick Quote: The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 9 format is ‘Dumb’

Tony
03-11-2008, 10:23
http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/danawhite_shogun_fedor.jpg

“It’s dumb, I don’t like it — it’s not USA vs the UK, we’re looking for the best fighter in the world. We put on a card one time, the USA v Canada, it was f***ing retarded. I don’t care if you’re from the UK, Croatia or Brazil because at the end of the day, when Michael Bisping comes to America — Americans don’t boo him. When GSP comes down and fights in the US more people cheer for him than the guy who’s from America! When Tim Sylvia from the United States fought Antonio Nogueira from Brazil, everybody booed Sylvia on the way in and cheered for Nogueira. The reason is because in this sport it’s not country versus country. You either like the guy’s fighting style or personality — nationality has nothing to do with it. We’re looking for the best fighters in the world — this country versus that country is irrelevant.”

-UFC President Dana White reacts to The Sun about the gimmicky “US vs UK” theme for the upcoming ninth season of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF). While I agree that anything encouraging drunk Americans to boo at live events is a bad thing, it sounds like an unusual complaint considering Dana must have given this project the green light at some point. Conspiracy theorists - sound off!