PDA

View Full Version : interview Peter Aerts

dutchnl
05-11-2008, 20:16
"I don’t care what Badr Hari says."
Peter Aerts denies a new generation taking over K-1.

Peter Aerts, kwon as "Mr. K-1” has beaten Semmy Schilt in Seoul, an. proceeds to "FieLDS K-1 WORLD GP 2008 FINAL". He has talked about his feeling of striving for his 4th champion.

I was confident to beat Semmy

-- You have beaten Semmy Schilt at -FINAL 16-. How do you feel now by looking back the fight?

Aerts : I knew it would be a tough fight. It was my tactic to change the fighting structure by using my every technique. The point was how to prevent his knees so that I moved around from the beginning.

-- What was your strategy which as a result, brought you a victory?

Aerts : I was trying to keep a pressure on him all the time. It was actually difficult, yet, I was well prepared for the fight.

-- The reason you could keep your confidence was because you fully prepared beforehand?

Aerts : I was confident all the time even from the beginning, otherwise, I didn’t challenge to him.

-- Have you never frightened fighting against him?

Aerts : He is a good fighter so that he is a difficult opponent to fight with, because of the size. He is very tall. Therefore, some fighters are afraid of fighting against him. Yet, I rather wanted to challenge him.

K-1 needs a new champion

-- Didn’t you have a moment of loosing your momentum when received his powerful front kicks.

Aerts : No, never. I did as much as I could do at that moment by keeping my strategy. The game could be ended in a moment I gave him a slight chance.

-- Do you think you were took an initiative during the match?

Aerts : He tried to give me powerful front kicks a few times, but I managed to avoid receiving them. I thought the best way for the victory was to stop his special skills. Of course, any fighter could do that, but..........

-- But....?

Aerts : You have to take a big risk to do that, and I did by the time I got on the ring. The only way for the victory is to take a risk and fight hard. The result would be always depending on the willingness to take a risk.

-- Then the result explains that you were well prepared to take a risk. By the way, Semmy is not proceeding to the FINAL. It seems that any one has a chance to be a champion.

Aerts : I think it would be good for K-1. Semmy is a great fighter, but he does not have a charismatic character as a champion. It is good time to have a new hero with good charisma.

I can fight at least 20 more times

-- You are going to fight against Bad Hari. How do you think about that?

Aerts : I am always unlucky in the drawing so that I was ready to fight with anybody. Yet, I was planning to chose either Remy or Badr this time.

-- Is fighting against Badr just what you have wished for?

Aerts : Of course, especially his name is getting big now.(ha ha)

-- Fighting against Badr means that you need to be able to tolerate his incitement.

Aerts : He can say whatever he wants to say. I do not care how he talks about me.

-- Doesn’t his big mouth irritates you?

Aerts : Let’s see what he is going to do in the ring. Talking does not help his performance.

-- You do not let new generation to come in K-1?

Aerts : My carrier has just started (ha ha ha). I will make twenty more of K-1 fights.

-- Wow! How old you will be then since you are now 38 years old ?

Aerts : Ha ha ha. This is my 16th year of fighting for K-1. I want to keep fighting 4 more years to achieve 20 years of my fighting career. If I can keep my good condition, and my doctor approves, I will keep fighting until then. I am not going to let new generation to take over my position.

Peter is ready to show all his experience against Badr Hari.

He finished Semmy who kept a champion belt 3 times in a row.

Mr. K-1 shrugs aside Badr Hari’s big mouth.

If Peter wins this time, it would be his 4th time as a champion like Ernesto Hoost.
FieLDS K-1 WORLD GP 2008 FINAL : Event Detail
Peter Aerts : Profile

source:

K-1 OFFICIAL WEB SITE (http://www.k-1.co.jp/k-1gp/top887.htm)

Wiseguy
05-11-2008, 20:51
Hij gaat neer in de 1 ronde :D

harry
05-11-2008, 20:56
Aerts : He is a good fighter so that he is a difficult opponent to fight with, because of the size. He is very tall. Therefore, some fighters are afraid of fighting against him. Yet, I rather wanted to challenge him.

Leek me eerder een mooie manier om Sem niet tegen te komen in de finale

aapnootmies
05-11-2008, 20:57
Peter is echt de Koning :D Ik gun hem echt de titel

Huite
05-11-2008, 21:39
goed engels... leest lekker weg;)

voor de rest wel interessant hoor!

PD_EC
05-11-2008, 22:18
ik hoop voor peter dat hij hem nog 1 keer wint
hoost en aerts allerbei 4 keer
hij verdient het

blackadder
05-11-2008, 23:15
goed engels... leest lekker weg;)
Yep. Hebben ze geen vertaler of zo?
Aerts voor kampioen!!! Go on Lumberjack!!!

oliebol
06-11-2008, 00:00
ik gun het die man zeker, hij is er al zo lang bij en hij is altijd wel een van de smaakmakers. ik zou het echt cool vinden als hij in het zelfde rijtje komt met Hoost en de k1 weer op zijn naam zet.
Ik hoop het echt voor hem maar ik betwijfel of het wat gaat worden tegen Badr, en als hij die al zou winnen moet hij ook nog blessurevrij de finale ingaan.
mij hart zegt Aerts maar mijn hoofd zegt Hari :p

Mephisto
07-11-2008, 00:14
Hij gaat neer in de 1 ronde :D

Badr bedoel je?

marcelt
07-11-2008, 00:20
Tof!

Wiseguy
07-11-2008, 01:42
Badr bedoel je?

Nee Aerts! Heb vertrouwen in de Golden Boy.

Marco
07-11-2008, 12:14
Badr stoot snel hard en zuiver, Aerts staat nog wel eens open...
ben zeer benieuwd !!!

El Bambino
07-11-2008, 18:50
Badr stoot snel hard en zuiver, Aerts staat nog wel eens open...
ben zeer benieuwd !!!

En Peter kan best incasseren, Badr daarin tegen ? ? ? ? ?