PDA

View Full Version : Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua to ’set the story straight’ against Mark Coleman at UFC 93

Tony
10-11-2008, 15:46
http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/shogunrua.jpg

“Well, I personally would never want to beat someone that way. I wouldn’t celebrate the win and wouldn’t go bragging about it, and that’s what Coleman did the whole time. I was really bothered by him celebrating the win in that way, and afterwards talking a lot of crap about me in interviews. I always respected all the fighters I’ve fought, since I know how hard it is to make it to the top of the list and just getting into the ring means you’re a winner, so they deserve respect. I respect Coleman as an athlete, the guy’s an MMA legend. I hope to have a good fight with him, I’m confident. God willing I’ll win…. In the category in which I fight there are only top guys, so I see about 10 guys I could fight. Coleman really is a guy I want to face, because of our last fight, but I wasn’t sure it would be him. This was good for both of us, we’ll be able to set the story straight.”

Consensus top 10 light heavyweight Mauricio “Shogun” Rua talks about his upcoming rematch against Mark Coleman at UFC 93 at The O2 in Dublin, Ireland, on January 17. “The Hammer” defeated Rua in controversial fashion at PRIDE 31 back in 2006 when an awkward landing broke the Brazilian’s arm less than a minute into the fight. It was a bitter “fluke” loss for the 2005 Pride FC Grand Prix Champion and one that he has been out to avenge ever since it happened.

el bastardo
10-11-2008, 15:48
Die moet Shogun toch makkelijk kunnen hebben.

Tony
10-11-2008, 15:49
zou je wel denken ja... maar ik heb al heel lang niet meer die "ouwe shogun" gezien...

dontmindme
10-11-2008, 20:33
hoop dat ie coleman de ring uit mept

Garcia
10-11-2008, 20:36
Shogun komt terug, let maar op!!