PDA

View Full Version : Genki Sudo nieuwe hoofdcoach Takushoku University

chief108
14-11-2008, 09:47
bron: News - Genki Sudo named Takushoku U. head coach | MMAFighting.com (http://www.mmafighting.com/news/2008/11/13/genki-sudo-named-takushoku-u-head-coach)

Genki Sudo introduced himself today as the new head coach of the wrestling team at the Takushoku University in Tokyo, Japan. “I was very surprised when I was first offered this position,” Sudo said, in a report on Kamipro. “ I was so happy and excited. However, I was worried if I was good enough to take this job or not, because the team has high-level wrestlers, and some of them aim to participate in the Olympics.”
Sudo returned to his alma mater last week to begin preparing the team for the All Japan College Tournament in Niigata, Japan.
Sudo, who has been rumored to return at “Dynamite!!” on New Year’s Eve, admitted that he recently returned to training in wrestling and striking again, but avoided answering any questions about a possible participation on New Year’s Eve.
The wrestling team will benefit from Sudo’s involvement if they would like to pursue a career in mixed martial arts.
“If any students are interested in becoming a mixed martial arts fighter, I will be happy to assist them,” Sudo said. “I will introduce them to MMA promoters. Mr. Tanikawa (FEG) called and asked me to introduce him to good wrestlers."
Sudo retired at 28 from competition with a 15-5-1 record after a win at the 2006 K-1 "Dynamite!!" New Year's Eve event. Sudo left the sport -- and his dazzling entrances -- due to injuries and to pursue other endeavors.

blijft jammer dat hij gestopt is...
was altijd gaaf om hem bezig te zien

Bobson
14-11-2008, 10:06
Zo'n coach had ik ook wel willen hebben...
We missen hem wel. Hij was toch de smaakmaker van menig gala. Ik heb in de loop der jaren al menig vechter en stijl gezien, maar hij wist toch steeds weer te verrassen.

chief108
14-11-2008, 10:29
x2

YoMarK
14-11-2008, 10:46
Ik hoop dat ie echt weer gaat vechten...zou geweldig zijn.