PDA

View Full Version : Ten UfC Predictions for 2009

Tony
02-12-2008, 09:48
Everyone is playing the predictions game, so here are a few that I think are locks by the end of next year. Since there will be ten thousand posts like this around the blogs at the end of this month, I'll just do it now.

1. Brock Lesnar loses the title: As much as Brock has impressed me, I just don't see how he gets by Nogueira. Nog has made a career of surviving beatings and clawing his way to submission victory. If Brock beats Nog, there are still no easy fights after that, as everyone will be gunning to take him down.

2. Chuck Liddell retires for the first time: Whether or not they change their mind on Chuck fighting Randy, I believe the end is in sight for Chuck Liddell. I say first time because I have no doubt he'll be back for a big return at least once.

3. Affliction goes under: Anyone who reads my work regularly knew this was coming. They are set up to fail, I have my doubts if we'll ever see a third show. Hopefully I'm wrong about this.

4. GSP vs. Anderson Silva headlines UFC 100: I guess you could see this as a prediction for GSP-BJ Penn, but I believe the two men will collide in July for UFC 100.

5. Tito Ortiz returns to the UFC: I think this is virtually a lock. He has no other options and the parties talk all the time.

6. UFC PPV business starts slow and ends hot: The first few PPV shows of 2009 are bare looking. 93 with Henderson and Franklin won't do well, they have nobody for Silva right now for 95, and outside of Hughes-Serra I don't know what they can headline Columbus with. Spring and Summer will then heat up bigtime leading into UFC 100.

7. Randy Couture will not retire: I don't believe he is done, and I don't believe he wants to stop fighting. You can see it in someone's eyes when they just can't get enough of competition, and I think that is where Randy is.

8. Gina Carano will become the top draw of the WEC: She sounds happy with the idea of fighting there, and seeing as Faber is apparently not a draw at all on his own, I think Gina will emerge as the star there. But is it a waste of a superstar on a network that doesn't have the penetration to make stars?

9. Matt Hughes will retire: Not really a bold pick here, I know. But I don't see him wanting to fight as a gatekeeper at 170 even if he manages to beat Serra.

10. The UFC will be in Madison Square Garden: Bob Reilly be damned, this is going to happen. The current battle is greed vs. stupidity, and unlike some I have no doubt that greed ought to and will win.

Hollandpride
03-12-2008, 01:03
Nice, ben benieuwd.

chief108
03-12-2008, 09:17
he forgot: Dutch fighter Stefan Struve will take the UFC by storm

el bastardo
03-12-2008, 10:30
Haha, maar deze voorspellingen zouden zomaar allemaal uit kunnen komen...

De man van 14K
03-12-2008, 11:47
Ik mis: Arlovski wil beat Fedor in the match of the year @ Affiliction

Wiseguy
03-12-2008, 13:32
waarschijnlijk omdat dat niets met de ufc te maken heeft.

The Bulldog
03-12-2008, 13:35
he forgot: Dutch fighter Stefan Struve will take the UFC by storm

zou dat een potje vet zijn....

Paganstars
03-12-2008, 13:39
Op 1 moet komen; Dana tells the world that he is a gay martian

De man van 14K
03-12-2008, 14:55
waarschijnlijk omdat dat niets met de ufc te maken heeft.

denk het ook niet.. ach whateverthefuck