PDA

View Full Version : Interview Gilbert Yvel

Fight Master
18-12-2008, 19:39
YouTube - gilbert Yvel interview/training (http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=QPsFdkvsFRk&e)

weks
18-12-2008, 20:09
thanks

Garcia
18-12-2008, 21:05
Hij heeft er in elk geval zin in :D

PD_EC
18-12-2008, 21:09
bedankt hoop dat hij nog veel gaat winnen en vooral zijn eerst volgende partij

Ralph
18-12-2008, 22:03
Slimme zet om dit filmpje op internet te knallen! Hij komt heel rielekst over en windt er ook geen doekjes om om duidelijk te maken dat Barnett een betere worstelaar is en betere jiu jitsu heeft en Gilbert het dus staand moet gaan doen. Goed filmpje!
Ik hoop op een mooie KO in ieder geval.

el bastardo
18-12-2008, 22:07
Ik zou het super ruig vinden als Gilbert deze wint! Dan is hij meteen weer een gevestigde waarde wereldwijd.

Jeru
18-12-2008, 22:17
Wordt echt een mooie partij! Altijd feest met Gilbert in de ring. Hij gaat het wel moeilijk krijgen, maar dat is logisch tegen één van de top 5 van de wereld.

marcelt
18-12-2008, 22:20
Ik zie er naar vooruit!

makavelli
19-12-2008, 11:55
Gilbert gaat weer ouderwets knallen daar!

Slome
19-12-2008, 12:03
Yvel is de NEXT BIG THING!!!!!:thup:

RayOmac
19-12-2008, 12:08
Yvel is de NEXT BIG THING!!!!!:thup:

Dat is hij niet en dat zal hij ook nooit worden schijnheiligge eyepoker.
Hij is een schande voor de sport met de hoeveelheid DQ's die hij op ze naam heeft staan.

Slome
19-12-2008, 12:23
Hij is een schande voor de sport met de hoeveelheid DQ's die hij op ze naam heeft staan.

nee, frank mir is een lekkere "het maakt hm geen moer uit wie der in die ring staat hij draait de armen van ze tegenstander eruit. Al is het ze moeder die daar staat"....

ach, de wonderen zijn de wereld nog niet uit;)

War YVEL:thup:

dirk5
19-12-2008, 12:44

nee, frank mir is een lekkere "het maakt hm geen moer uit wie der in die ring staat hij draait de armen van ze tegenstander eruit. Al is het ze moeder die daar staat"....

ach, de wonderen zijn de wereld nog niet uit;)

War YVEL:thup:

YouTube - Do they know it's christmas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jEnTSQStGE)

:D

jopke
19-12-2008, 12:56
ik keek even op sherdog hoeveel diskwalificaties hij had en toen stond deze er ook tussen:

Loss Atte Backman (http://sherdog.com/fighter/Atte-Backman-5146)DQ (KO'd the referee) FF 12 - Fight Festival 12 (http://sherdog.com/events/FF-12-Fight-Festival-12-2728)11/13/2004 1 0:35

iemand hier beelden van?

jopke
19-12-2008, 13:01
ik heb hem al gevonden!

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=CkbWQu3ZkgY

Khanom Thom
19-12-2008, 13:46
Heel goed zo'n videoboodschap, duidelijk en respectvol!!
Na Hari-gate de afgelopen tijd is dit heel slim...
Yvel verdient in mijn ogen zeker een kans, als vechter is hij één van de beste van de wereld... al verdiende hij in het verleden niet altijd de schoonheidsprijs.
Als voetballers en andere sporters hun fouten mogen maken en hun verdiende straf daarvoor gekregen hebben, heeft Yvel zeker zijn straf gehad.
De poort naar de US is heel lang dicht gehouden voor hem en daardoor heeft hij veel misgelopen.

Illest
19-12-2008, 13:55
:cool2:

Yvel heeft ook niet zo'n negatief 'aura' om zich heen zoals Hari...hij is relaxed, prettig gestoord en ook respectvoller naar tegenstanders toe..
(misschien daarom dat de meeste van ons een oogje dichtknijpen;) voor de DQ's...)

Hoeveel zijn het er eigenlijk?

The Bulldog
19-12-2008, 14:04
gewoon niks mis mee deze boodschapo....mag lijen dat ie Barnett helemaal gek tikt...

makavelli
19-12-2008, 16:44
Mooi om te lezen dat Barnett ook helemaal niet negatief is over gilbert

Van mmaweekly.com

GILBERT YVEL'S UNLIKELY ADVOCATE... JOSH BARNETT

News that Dutch striker Gilbert Yvel was scheduled to face Josh Barnett at Affliction’s upcoming “Day of Reckoning” raised many eyebrows.

Few fighters in the game are as controversial as Yvel. Despite one of the most exciting and explosive skill sets in the heavyweight division, his career has been marred by several in-ring incidents that made him unemployable to most big promotions. Among the most notorious: biting a referee in a 1998 bout in Russia, eye gouging Don Frye at PRIDE 16, and most alarmingly, knocking out a referee in 2004 at a show in Finland.

In February of 2007, the Nevada State Athletic Commission denied Yvel a license to fight for his past misbehaviors.

To ensure he will licensed for “Reckoning,” Yvel and his representatives will meet with Assistant Executive Officer Bill Douglas in early January for a closed-door session.

But Yvel has another advocate in his quest to fight on American soil—Barnett.

“As much trouble as he’s encountered in MMA circles, at least he’s not like football,” Barnett told MMAWeekly.com. “Gilbert has his troubles, but I can actually see allowing that guy to fight under circumstances. But a guy like ‘Pacman’ Jones can go into a strip club and have him and his friends assault dancers and shoot up the place, and the NFL will bring him back; coaches will vouch for him and people will give him a second chance, when he’s just a dirtbag.”

Barnett says the amount of controversy Yvel generates is mostly undeserved.

“The funny thing is reading about how vehemently people feel about Gilbert Yvel, a guy who’s broke some rules in the ring, but to date, nobody’s ever been seriously injured by him,” he said. “Then you’ve got a guy like that, who shoots places up and acts like a total buffoon, and people will go out there and vouch for him just so he can intercept a few passes.

Barnett and Yvel share history. The two fought for PRIDE in its formative years, although never against each other. Yvel never found his stride in the now-defunct Japanese promotion, losing all but two of his appearances there. Barnett, on the other hand, cemented his reputation as a top-ten heavyweight. Barnett says the two hung out several times and got along well.

“I say the majority of his fights are less controversial than the few we think about,” Barnett continued. “According to his last two fights, he hasn’t had a single incident. So he seems to be doing his thing without causing so many issues, and I’ve always had a decent relationship with him.”

And ultimately, Barnett needed a fight, whoever it might be. After Affliction scratched the Oct. 11 date for “Reckoning” and re-booked the show with Andre Arlovski vs. Fedor Emelianenko, Barnett was out in the cold. The waiting was getting to him.

“I need to be active,” he said. “I’m not here to sit around and watch TV and play video games and listen to heavy metal. I need to be out there punching somebody in the face. It’s gotta be somebody.”

To be fair, it’s been almost five years since Yvel’s last major incident. Barnett feels Yvel is not the same man who knocked out a referee and kicked him while he was down.

“I’d like to hear his side of the story on that one,” Barnett said. “Because sometimes, there have been a few referees I could have knocked out, although it’s not anything I’m ever going to do. We’re human beings.”

But when it comes to fighting dirty, if Yvel tries anything, Barnett won’t tolerate it.

“When it comes to going crazy, like fouls or infractions or anything like that, I don’t worry about that, because nobody will take it as far as I will…that much I know,” he said. “If somebody wants to poke my eyes or bite me, that’s my career, and if it’s not an eye for an eye, it will be an eye for both your eyes, some of your teeth, your limbs, whatever I can get before somebody pulls me off of you.”

Karel
19-12-2008, 17:12
kan niet wachten.. trainingszaaltje ziet er nog mooi oldschool uit

detje
19-12-2008, 18:35
welke datum vechten ze??

Vitor Belfort
19-12-2008, 19:06
welke datum vechten ze??

Dat zal volgende maand op Affliction zijn. Ehm zo uit het blote hoofd 24 Januari 2009!

oliebol
21-12-2008, 22:51
hoop dat Yvel zwaar gaat bikkelen en hem neerhaalt :D