PDA

View Full Version : Winnaar Yvel vs Barnett tegen "Fedor"

Wheelie
21-12-2008, 14:33
At yesterday's press conference to help hype the January 24th event, Affliction VP Tom Atencio announced that the winner of the Gilbert Yvel/Josh Barnett fight would be the next challenger for the WAMMA Heavyweight Championship, which will be contested in the main event between challenger Andrei Arlovski and current champ Fedor Emelianenko.

Wheelie
21-12-2008, 14:35
Ik ga er van uit dat Fedor niet verliest ;)

Mocht Gilbert Yvel winnen dan is hij weer helemaal terug en ik zou het echt vet vinden als hij tegen Fedor mag vechten voor de titel

Jeru
21-12-2008, 14:37
Wow dan hoop ik zeker dat Yvel wint (en Fedor natuurlijk ;) )
Maar die Barnett is echt verdomd goed....

Mythildor
21-12-2008, 14:40
Fedor wint van Arlovski en Barnett gaat het winnen van Yvel.

Dan krijg je imo de beste partij: "Fedor tegen Barnett"

Voor Fedor de meest gevaarlijke tegenstander van de drie en... ...voor de fans de mooiste partij denk ik!

anonymous001
21-12-2008, 14:45
Yvel is gewoon de man die voor het smetje op de record van Fedor gaat zorgen...

gymalkmaar1
21-12-2008, 14:53
haha fedor tussen haakjes,waarom is dat?
Fedor is een soort begrip geworden

dirk5
21-12-2008, 14:54
Yvel is gewoon de man die voor het smetje op de record van Fedor gaat zorgen...

hehe, ondanks dat ik dit Yvel zeker gun denk ik dat Fedor toch net een maatje te groot is.

boola
21-12-2008, 14:58
ik hoop op yvel en niemand is een maatje te groot

dirk5
21-12-2008, 14:59
Fedor is niemand

Garcia
21-12-2008, 15:01
Weer een extra motivatie voor Barnett en Yvel om te winnen.

renamer
21-12-2008, 17:20
ow... heel gaaf... zou toch echt wel heel gaaf wezen..

WAR!!!

HUNTER
21-12-2008, 17:30
Tsja.... als dit en als dat... Voorlopig zie ik Gilbert niet van Barnett winnen en Arlovski al helemaal niet van Fedor.

Gilbert vs Arlovski zou ik wel weer een hele vette partij vinden

PD_EC
21-12-2008, 18:34
:thup:Yvel vs Fedor:thup:

ICON
21-12-2008, 19:02
mij lijkt yvel tegen arlovski ook een mooiere partij.

denk dat het barnett fedor gaat worden

marcelt
21-12-2008, 19:05
Laten ze de winnaaars tegen elkaar doen en de verliezers. Hebben we volgende keer weer twee mooie potten in het vooruitzicht!
Maar Yvel vs Fedor wil ik zeker graag zien!

Durfal
21-12-2008, 20:53
ik hoop op yvel en niemand is een maatje te groot

Natuurlijk is het Gilbert van harte gegund en daarmee heel mma nederland.
Maar een gemotiveerde hongerige Fedor is nog steeds the champ!!!
Fedor is nog steeds voor iedereen eem maatje te groot zolang de man gemotiveerd blijft.

weks
21-12-2008, 22:00
wow zou prachtig zijn
nu maar duimen

YoMarK
21-12-2008, 23:09
Ok, waarschijnlijk wordt het dan dus Barnett tegen Fedor(want laten we eerlijk zijn, Yvel maak totaal geen kans op de grond, en qua conditionering - snelle KO daargelaten), en Arlovski tegen Yvel.
(Als de verliezers ook tegen elkaar moeten)

Dat wil ik ook wel zien :)

Wiseguy
22-12-2008, 01:05
Je zou bijna met opzet verliezen om fedor te ontlopen :D

MB667
23-12-2008, 09:31
Gilbert Yvel still has one bridge to cross before getting a crack at Josh Barnett.

The controversial Pride veteran has been denied a license in Nevada stemming from various altercations during his fighting career, but most prominently from an incident in which he attacked a referee.

Yvel will not be cleared to fight Barnett at Affliction’s “Day of Reckoning” on Jan. 24 in Anaheim, Calif. until he meets privately with representatives from the California State Athletic Commission.

In an email sent Monday to MMAWeekly.com, Assistant Executive Officer Bill Douglas wrote that Yvel is scheduled to meet with him and Chief Athletic Inspector Dean Lohuis shortly after the start of the New Year. The outcome of the meeting will determine whether he is licensed to compete.

“I wish it was sooner because if he is not licensed, it wouldn't be a surprise to the promoter and the fans and more importantly, there would be plenty of time to find an opponent for Josh Barnett,” wrote Douglas.

Affliction Vice President Tom Atencio was cited in a recent report by fiveouncesofpain.com as saying, "Yvel has been cleared through the CSAC (California State Athletic Commission),” before adding, "He has promised to be a clean fighter.”

Douglas refuted that claim.

“Mr. Atencio wasn't even close to being correct in his assessment of Gilbert Yvel's licensing situation,” wrote the California official.

When contacted for comment, Atencio on Monday evening told MMAWeekly.com he may have mischaracterized Yvel’s participation at a press conference for “Day of Reckoning” last Wednesday.

“It's still being finalized,” he said. “Obviously, (the CSAC has) the final say. Hopefully, I didn't overstep them. So far it looks promising and they've given us a pretty good response, but it's up to the athletic commission to decide.”

He obviously is not committing to Yvel's participation on the Jan. 24 card, but Douglas said that his agency does not want to be the unwarranted cause of disrupting a promoter's plans.

“I don't want our office to be responsible for any further last minute cancellations,” he stated to MMAWeekly.com. “The only time it will happen from this point forward is because of a severe medical condition that could comprise the health and safety of an athlete and his or her competitor.”

MB667
23-12-2008, 09:33
GILBERT YVEL'S UNLIKELY ADVOCATE... JOSH BARNETT
Friday, December 19, 2008 - by Tom Hamlin - MMAWeekly.com

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/7814-19-JoshBarnett_Affliction1.jpg
News that Dutch striker Gilbert Yvel was scheduled to face Josh Barnett at Affliction’s upcoming “Day of Reckoning” raised many eyebrows.

Few fighters in the game are as controversial as Yvel. Despite one of the most exciting and explosive skill sets in the heavyweight division, his career has been marred by several in-ring incidents that made him unemployable to most big promotions. Among the most notorious: biting a referee in a 1998 bout in Russia, eye gouging Don Frye at PRIDE 16, and most alarmingly, knocking out a referee in 2004 at a show in Finland.

In February of 2007, the Nevada State Athletic Commission denied Yvel a license to fight for his past misbehaviors.

To ensure he will licensed for “Reckoning,” Yvel and his representatives will meet with Assistant Executive Officer Bill Douglas in early January for a closed-door session.

But Yvel has another advocate in his quest to fight on American soil—Barnett.

“As much trouble as he’s encountered in MMA circles, at least he’s not like football,” Barnett told MMAWeekly.com. “Gilbert has his troubles, but I can actually see allowing that guy to fight under circumstances. But a guy like ‘Pacman’ Jones can go into a strip club and have him and his friends assault dancers and shoot up the place, and the NFL will bring him back; coaches will vouch for him and people will give him a second chance, when he’s just a dirtbag.”

Barnett says the amount of controversy Yvel generates is mostly undeserved.

“The funny thing is reading about how vehemently people feel about Gilbert Yvel, a guy who’s broke some rules in the ring, but to date, nobody’s ever been seriously injured by him,” he said. “Then you’ve got a guy like that, who shoots places up and acts like a total buffoon, and people will go out there and vouch for him just so he can intercept a few passes.

Barnett and Yvel share history. The two fought for PRIDE in its formative years, although never against each other. Yvel never found his stride in the now-defunct Japanese promotion, losing all but two of his appearances there. Barnett, on the other hand, cemented his reputation as a top-ten heavyweight. Barnett says the two hung out several times and got along well.

“I say the majority of his fights are less controversial than the few we think about,” Barnett continued. “According to his last two fights, he hasn’t had a single incident. So he seems to be doing his thing without causing so many issues, and I’ve always had a decent relationship with him.”

And ultimately, Barnett needed a fight, whoever it might be. After Affliction scratched the Oct. 11 date for “Reckoning” and re-booked the show with Andre Arlovski vs. Fedor Emelianenko, Barnett was out in the cold. The waiting was getting to him.

“I need to be active,” he said. “I’m not here to sit around and watch TV and play video games and listen to heavy metal. I need to be out there punching somebody in the face. It’s gotta be somebody.”

To be fair, it’s been almost five years since Yvel’s last major incident. Barnett feels Yvel is not the same man who knocked out a referee and kicked him while he was down.

“I’d like to hear his side of the story on that one,” Barnett said. “Because sometimes, there have been a few referees I could have knocked out, although it’s not anything I’m ever going to do. We’re human beings.”

But when it comes to fighting dirty, if Yvel tries anything, Barnett won’t tolerate it.

“When it comes to going crazy, like fouls or infractions or anything like that, I don’t worry about that, because nobody will take it as far as I will…that much I know,” he said. “If somebody wants to poke my eyes or bite me, that’s my career, and if it’s not an eye for an eye, it will be an eye for both your eyes, some of your teeth, your limbs, whatever I can get before somebody pulls me off of you.”

Mesut
23-12-2008, 11:36
Volgens dit bericht op mmaweekly is het nog niet helemaal rond. Hopelijk gaat deze partij gewoon door. - GILBERT YVEL NOT CLEARED FOR AFFLICTION... YET - MMA WEEKLY - Mixed Martial Arts & UFC News, Photos, Rankings & more (http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=7834&zoneid=13)

YoMarK
23-12-2008, 19:02
Hmm, flinke domper dus. Dacht dat dit al rond was.
Ik hoop dat Yvel nog een kans krijgt, al heeft ie dit gedonder natuurlijk helemaal aan zichzelf te danken.

dimitri
24-12-2008, 13:10
Barnett tegen Fedor dus

De man van 14K
24-12-2008, 14:03
pff dat zou toch jammer zijn, dit was echt een big break voor Yvel..
Anders moeten ze Dman die kant op sturen, dat zou ook gewoon rete vet zijn..

Slome
24-12-2008, 14:17
alle respect van Ali. O maar die gaat tikke dan hoor... Yvel tikt niet zo snel;)

YoMarK
24-12-2008, 17:06
Onder welke steen heb jij gezeten toen je het grondwerk van Ali O en Yvel hebt vergeleken :)