PDA

View Full Version : CroCop vs. Overeem: K-1 rules

Slome
16-01-2009, 07:59
http://nightmareofbattle.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/cro-3.jpg

Cro Cop Recovering from Knee Surgery, Offered K1 Fight With Overeem
Despite the wishes of his mother and wife Mirko Cro Cop will not be retiring any time soon. Even after a successful knee reconstruction Mirko Filipovic is not even think about ending his illustrious career. He remains hospitalized after his knee surgery however he is already thing about his next bout.

"I'm usually in a lot pain after major surgeries however I've felt no pain this time. I have no idea why, maybe the years inside the ring have tought me to tolerate pain. I hope to begin training in May and hope to return to fighting in June." said Cro Cop.

We've learned from people close to the UFC that Cro Cop could return to the cage at UFC 99 in Cologne, Germany . President Dana White once again said he would welcome Mirko's return. A fight front of thousands of Croatians fans would be a great spectacle and undoubtedly a career high light for the Croatian. It would be a huge occasion. However leaving Dream wont be an easy task. FEG is sure make another lucrative offer would extended his contract with the organization.

"They've offered me to fight Overeem under K1 rules. At 34 years of age ideally I'd like to fight for both organizations. At 34 years of age, I don't have many more fights left but fighting for both companies would keep me as active as possible." Concluded Cro Cop.

Visiting him during his hospitalization have been the members of the Cro Cop Team including manager Zvonimir Lucic and sparing partner Igor Pokrajac. Cro Cop will start his physical recovery on Monday when begins to train his upper body .

*Note: At the end the article the writer again raised the possibility of Mirko returning to the UFC. I think that its still highly unlikely that he will return to the US at this stage of his career even though I think he could have some success there. Assuming his knee problems were at the root of his recent struggles, he's got a good shot at winning the UFC heavyweight title if he does return. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira is clearly not the fighter he was and outside of couple solid contenders its not like the UFC is flush with other top heavyweight talent. With Overeem and Kharitonov at the top winning Dream's heavyweight title will be just as hard as winning the UFC title.

Garcia
16-01-2009, 09:19
Hoop voor hem dat er nog een paar successen in het verschiet liggen, gun het hem zeker.

rai
16-01-2009, 18:15
Helemaal mee eens, die man moet zijn carriere eindigen in glans en stijl

J_roen
16-01-2009, 18:36
Klopt zeker,
Die partij tegen fedor was ook mooi toen, ik hoop dat CroCop nog 1x zo kan knallen.

CroCop Vs Overeem het liefst op pride rules!

123trisweat
16-01-2009, 21:25
niet doen

micha
16-01-2009, 22:40
CC tegen Badr misschien

16-01-2009, 22:43
WEL DOEN, maar niet tegen Overheem. ik gun CC zeker ook een waardige partij. Overheem is denk ik zelfs in het K1 op dit moment een maatje te groot voor CC. Laat CC lekker vechten tegen Yvel op MMA regels of Badr op K1 of een vergelijkbaar iemand.

The Bulldog
16-01-2009, 23:07
vriend Yvel en CC zijn trainingsmaatjes....won`t happen