PDA

View Full Version : Interview Super Pro Fighters

Slome
20-01-2009, 16:10
Written by Guy Paret Monday, 19 January 2009 We visited Superpro Gym in Holland to see some of the Beast of The East Stars getting ready for the big show 24 January in Zuthpen. We saw a very hard working team in there that gave their best in the ring sparring with future prospects.

It’s clear that both Kraus and Lima are almost ready to go as we see them using very sharp hands. Kraus is torturing he’s sparring partners but every round a big smile pop’s up and coach Krauweel sends in fresh meet.

Lima ‘s punch /knee combinations are also pushing the best out of he’s sparring partners and every round Lima seems to go harder. When asked how he feels he’s answer is that he feels a bit tired after the running, cycling and 2 sessions in the gym!

Kraus on the other hand is very concentrated and wants some more work on the heavy bag, so of they go for another 15 minutes of heavy hits and kicks on the bag.

http://www.fightingball.tv/images_up/fightingball.tv/albertkraus/0806krauslimapb72dpi.jpg

We asked Kraus about the fight against Stevelmans and this is what he had to say:
I feel very good and want to give my very best next week so we worked very hard to reach that goal. I will be very happy to fight next week against Stevelmans as he is the guy that created an upset by winning the K1 Max Holland, beating as you know my co-teammate Lima. So, i have something to work for. I expect Stevelmans to go forward and go to war so i think it will be a great fight to watch as i will do the same.

The 8 man KlasH Champions Battlefield Tournemant has one favourite on the polls, Alviar Lima ahead on every poll out there. Do you feel the pressure was the question and this is the clear statement of the “Machine”?

Alviar Lima: Pressure? NO way, as you know it’s more like my speciality to pressure my opponents,lol. So , no pressure for me. Also, to be honest, after all those years in the ring not much will get in my head, i feel strong and ready so Beast of The East here i come.

What do you think of your opponents in this tournement.?
I heard Bourdiff is strong and has a very good stamina, so let’s see what happens. Florin Vintila has the experience and is a hard guy, warrior type of fighter. Reis is difficult, flashy style. Diender, hmm, dangerous guy that can create an upset, Barnabas, thai style, is getting better very fast. Vatniqai, winner of the European Elimination beating Reis and Elias Daniel so i have to watch out not to underestimate him, but i never do,lol. Dave Van De Ploeg is a warrior, so could be a good one to.

And what about Alviar Lima?
Ah, a man with a mission next week, winning the tournament!!

What about a new hairstyle?
Hey, that will be the surprise, you will see 24 january in Zuthpen...

Looking around in the gym Hans Stringer is also handling the heavy bag and is thinking about the fight with Fatih “Turkish Terror” Kocamis.

Hans Stringer: Look around, pointing out Rico Verhoeven (110kg K1 prospect) and some other few heavy hitters in the gym, next week I am ready, I feel small next to Rico Verhoeven with he’s huge legs but I survived the hard preparation with those guys so i am ready to face Kocamis.

Coach Krauweel adds to the comment: It’s clear, Hans is one of the better guys out there on the ground, but he’s stand up is getting there and we will be ready to trade stand up with Kocamis if needed. It will be a great test for Hans and one step up to prove he is one of the future big names in MMA.

Well, just another few days to go and we will be there in Zutphen to witness a great event yet again.