PDA

View Full Version : Interview Melvin Manhoef

Slome
29-01-2009, 16:49
http://dreamfighters.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/melvin.jpg (http://dreamfighters.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/melvin.jpg)

DreamFighters.com was able to catch up with Melvin Manhoef to ask him a few questions about his recent win over Mark Hunt at Fields Dynamite.

DreamFighters.com: Melvin, thanks for taking the time to speak to me (Adam) at DreamFighters.com

Melvin Manhoef: Your welcome. It's always a pleasure to talk to my fans in any way.

Q: First off, congratulations on the very impressive and fast victory over Mark Hunt. How did the fight go for you? Is this how you expected it to end?

MM: The fight went great, I didn't expect it to be over this fast. Mark Hunt has never been Knocked out before. So I didn't think I would be the first to do so. My game plan was to be fast, explosive and move a lot in the ring. I very happy with the way it went and my victory.

Q: What made you take this fight on such short notice against a very dangerous striker like Mark Hunt?

MM: I had no plans to fight in Dynamite. I wasn't really in training and I only went to Japan for Badr Hari. When the k1 asked me to fight him the night before the event, I couldn't resist it. I'm a fighter, I eat, sleep, breath fighting. I always want to fight. So when the opportunity came, I couldn't resist.

Q: When DREAM called you up to fight Mark Hunt, what was going through your mind?

MM: I was excited but also a bit nervous. I wasn't training very hard and, not unimportant, he was 45 kg heavier!

Q: After DREAM.6 you said you were going to retire. Can we confirm that after this victory, you are back in the game?

MM: Yes for sure. I never planned to retire for good. I just wanted to take some time of. This due to family circumstances and my murdering training regime. When I got the chance to fight in the K1 GP on the 6th of December I couldn't resist the opportunity. Now after my victories on Paul slowinsky and Mark Hunt, I'm ready for the new year with many exciting fights.

Q: How is training going right now?

MM: Training is fine at the moment. I'm feeling good and strong. I'm getting in shape for my next fight.

Q: Do you have any idea when and who you will fight next?

MM: I'm not sure yet, I will fight on the 28th of march in Japan. And the 8th of February in Antwerp.

Q: Do you have any desire to fight in the UFC? Have you been talking with the UFC at all? Many people are suggesting that you could be a great addition to the UFC roster.

MM: At the moment I'm not thinking about the UFC. And there have not been any communication between us. I'm happy with the K1. They take good care of me. Off course if they come to me we can always discuss.

Q: Do you plan on still fighting in DREAM, or would you like to fight else where, like the UFC or Affliction ?

MM: For now I like to fight in Dream. You never know what the future will bring after my contract is finished.

Q: What were your thoughts of Alistair Overeem KO'ing K-1 top fighter Badr Hari at Dynamite?

MM: I never expected this. I think no one did, including Badr. He may be underestimated Alistair. Also he had just fought 3 fights, 3 weeks before, which was heavy for him.

Q: What are your thoughts on the WAMMA belt and WAMMA system? Do you think it's a good idea to crown the champion of each weight class (Fedor and SHinya Aoki are WAMMA belt holders)

MM: I think it's nice that you have different champions in different weight classes.

Q: Is there any advice you can give young Kick Boxers that may want to follow in your footsteps?

MM: Always believe in yourself, no matter what anyone says. Train hard, be tough on yourself and never give up.

Q: Is there anyone would like to thank?

MM: I would like to thank my team: Mike passenier, Oscar Roque, Pottielli, Frederik van Oosterom. My training/ sparring partners. My sponsors Fraldi Realestate and MDY sports nutrition. The people close to me who keep me focused and make my life a bit easier, so I can focus on fighting.

DreamFighters.com: Melvin, again thank you for taking the time to speak to us. We wish you the best of luck!

Melvin Manhoef: Thanks!!!:thup:

dirk5
29-01-2009, 16:56
http://dreamfighters.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/melvin.jpg (http://dreamfighters.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/melvin.jpg)

MM: I never expected this. I think no one did, including Badr. He may be underestimated Alistair. Also he had just fought 3 fights, 3 weeks before, which was heavy for him.

Hij weet het mooi te brengen, bij elkaar opgeteld waren het er 2 :)