PDA

View Full Version : Karo Parisyan faalt drugtest na UFC 94

Biiyen
10-02-2009, 22:45
News

10/02/09 - Karo Parisyan fails UFC 94 drug test

Karo Parisyan has tested positive for multiple banned substances after his split-decision win over Dong Hyun Kim at UFC 94.
The UFC welterweight gave a sample that contained traces of Hydrocodone, Hydromorphone and Oxymorphone, all of which are prohibited.
Hydrocodone is a semi-synthetic opiate derivative that is used as a prescription painkiller under brand names such as Vicodin.
Hydromorphone, another powerful prescription painkiller, is derived from morphine and is approximately three times stronger than heroin when compared on a milligram for milligram basis.
Oxymorphone is similar to Hydromorphone but is regarded as more potentially addictive; it has a following among recreational drug users for the intense high it produces, although when used for genuine pain-relief it is not so habit-forming.
Parisyan is the only athlete from UFC 94 to fail his test.
Samples provided by Georges St. Pierre, BJ Penn, Lyoto Machida, Thiago Silva, Clay Guida, Nate Diaz, Stefan Bonnar, Jon Jones, Jake O'Brien, John Howard and Thiago Tavares all came back clean.
Gary Alexander & John Joe O'Regan

Jeru
10-02-2009, 22:47
Wandelende medicijnkast die Parisysan...

YoMarK
10-02-2009, 23:20
Pijnstillers dus. De vraag is of je daar beter van gaat presteren, maar je kan wellicht harder trainen met blessures.

Karo zal hierdoor wel weer een een depressie zakken, ben benieuwd of we hem nog terugzien.

ICON
10-02-2009, 23:39
Samples provided by Georges St. Pierre, BJ Penn, Lyoto Machida, Thiago Silva, Clay Guida, Nate Diaz, Stefan Bonnar, Jon Jones, Jake O'Brien, John Howard and Thiago Tavares Joe Rogan all came back clean.
Gary Alexander & John

weet zeker dat joe rogan niet door de test kwam :D

Jani
10-02-2009, 23:41
hij had een tijdje geleden al last van veel Paniek aanvallen,niet zo gek met dat soort medicijnen.

Ik ben benieuwd waarom hij al die troep slikte

Ralph
11-02-2009, 01:16
Dus Kim wordt al gepikt in die partij en dan heeft Parisyan ook nog eens het nodige verboden spul geslikt..... Erg zuur voor Kim!

sikkwitttet
11-02-2009, 02:45
Dus Kim wordt al gepikt in die partij en dan heeft Parisyan ook nog eens het nodige verboden spul geslikt..... Erg zuur voor Kim!

jup to the jup:twak:

Christophe
11-02-2009, 07:38

Wordt de uitslag nu niet herroepen?!

El Bambino
11-02-2009, 09:02
Is dit misschien de reden waarom een Overeem niet wilt vechten bij UFC?
Ik beweer niet dat Overeem gebruikt hoor, maar ik zeg ook niet dat ie niet gebruikt:whistling:

chief108
11-02-2009, 09:41
dom hoor...
toch beter laten informeren welke pijnstillers wel toegestaan van te voren...

Sendur
11-02-2009, 09:46
Is dit misschien de reden waarom een Overeem niet wilt vechten bij UFC?
Ik beweer niet dat Overeem gebruikt hoor, maar ik zeg ook niet dat ie niet gebruikt:whistling:

Ja maar als Overeem zou gebruiken is dat niet dezelfde zooi als Parisyan.
Hij gebruitk dit duidelijk tegen zijn paniek aanvallen en zijn blessure pijn.

Overeem is gewoon gegroeit als een beest haha, ik zeg ook niet dat hij gebruikt maar het is wel snel gegaan met hem.

Btw Overeem wil wel vechten in de UFC, mits ze hem goed betalen ;)

JP
11-02-2009, 11:28
Meer nieuws from mmaweekly.com

Next Tuesday, UFC welterweight Karo Parisyan will officially respond to charges he took illegal painkillers prior to his fight with Dong Hyun Kim at UFC 94.

Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer informed the media on Tuesday that Parisyan’s post-fight drug test came up positive for semi-synthetic opiates Hydrocodone, Oxymorphone, and Hydromorphone.

According to Kizer, Parisyan did not disclose his use of the painkillers in the section of the NSAC’s pre-fight medical questionnaire devoted to using prescription medication within the past 15 days prior to the fight.

He complied with a drug test after the fight – a close split decision win – where he told NSAC inspector Tony Lato he had taken a pain pill the night before.

Parisyan said he took prescription painkillers for a serious hamstring injury that occurred prior to a planned fight with Matt Hughes and a back injury to his sciatic nerve that forced him to withdraw from the Yoshiyuki Yoshida bout at UFC 88.

A distraught Parisyan told MMAWeekly.com, “I told (the commission) ‘listen, by the way, if pain pills come positive, I have prescription, I told you.’ They said, ‘no problem, as long as you have a prescription for it, and it’s like a pain pill, it’s not a big deal.’

Kizer received a copy of the prescription the following week, but disputes Parisyan’s recollection of the post-fight conversation.

“I mean, I wasn’t back there, but that’s nothing we’d say,” said Kizer.

Kizer said Parisyan will have a chance to explain his side of the story during a commission hearing next Tuesday. But added that his prescription was unlikely to lessen the fighter’s punishment.

“It’s up for the commission to decide,” said Kizer. “I don’t think so, but it’s up for the commission to decide. You can’t wait till after the fight, when they’re about to urinate in the cup, and say ‘oh, by the way, I took a prohibited substance yesterday.’ That’s what it sounds like happened here, but we’ll give him his chance to explain to the full commission.”

Clarifying his comments about revealing his use of medication prior to the fight, Parisyan said his struggles with anxiety and pain caused him to omit that information on the questionnaire.

“I did not even think about any of that stuff,” he said. “I was just thinking about my fight, and my anxiety and how I’m going to walk in the cage. I had so many problems in my head. I didn’t even think I should write – I was just doing it fast, fast, fast, just to get out there and weigh in and fight. I completely forgot about all this stuff.

“When he asked me after the fight, my mind was calm, my body was calm, and I was thinking about the urine test. They say I didn’t say it before, and I know that’s my mistake. They can’t hold that against me. I didn’t kill anybody. I even told the main guy. He said, ‘Karo, as long as you didn’t take anabolic drugs, or cocaine, or any of that crazy stuff, you should be fine as long as you’ve got the prescription.’"

Kizer said Parisyan was temporarily suspended pending the hearing, where he would ask for a formal suspension. He declined to say what its term would be.

Parisyan informed MMAWeekly that he had agreed to face Josh Koscheck at UFC 98 on May 23 in Las Vegas if the American Kickboxing Academy fighter was victorious in his upcoming bout against Paulo Thiago at UFC 95.

“They better not do anything to screw that up,” said Parisyan. “I’m gonna go beyond training for this fight. The deal is, I couldn’t travel because of my anxiety. I would go crazy in hotel rooms and et cetera, so all kinds of reasons. But now, thank God, I’m fine. I can travel and I can train. And that’s what I’m shooting for, I want to travel and train with St. Pierre and my original camp, with Greg Jackson, and I’ll be in the best shape of my life. I guarantee that. I’m not (expletive) around no more. Everything that I was (expletive) around with, no more.”

rai
11-02-2009, 11:31
Thx, de andere kant van het verhaal........

renamer
11-02-2009, 11:39
sjonge jonge.. ik snap het wel.. maar ik snap niet dat die amerikaanen dat voorschijven als pijnstiller.. tis nogal een middeltje..

Sendur
11-02-2009, 11:47
sjonge jonge.. ik snap het wel.. maar ik snap niet dat die amerikaanen dat voorschijven als pijnstiller.. tis nogal een middeltje..

Idd is wel heavy shit zo te lezen.

Maarja laten we maar weer zeggen: Only in America!!:thup:

anonymous001
11-02-2009, 11:50
Net wat voor hem, om een beetje de vermoorde onschuld te gaan spelen.

Ik vind het jammer, want ik vind het een supermooie vechter, maar dit zou wel eens het begin van het einde kunnen zijn voor Parisyan in de UFC...

(ik snap niet dat mensen er zo makkelijk over doen btw; 'maar' pijnstillers? Morphine is ook 'maar' een pijnstiller. Dat spul is niet voor niets verboden, toch?)

BBC
11-02-2009, 12:47
Als deze middelen "maar" pijnstillers zijn, is heroine ook "maar" een pijnstiller. Dat is allemaal echt zware shit, hoor. Super verslavend ook. Mark Kerr revisited...

dirk5
11-02-2009, 12:51
He took a pain killer that turned out to be a career killer.

Wiseguy
11-02-2009, 13:48
Heb een hekel aan Karo sinds TUF 5 maar hij leverde wel vaak mooie partijen. Erg jammer dit.

Sendur
11-02-2009, 14:00
He took a pain killer that turned out to be a career killer.

Lol :D

idd dit kan nog is zijn kop kosten.

even off-topic: Heeft er nog iemand iets gehoord van Chris Leben?? Die was toch positive getest voor steroids?

sikkwitttet
11-02-2009, 18:37
Ja maar als Overeem zou gebruiken is dat niet dezelfde zooi als Parisyan.
Hij gebruitk dit duidelijk tegen zijn paniek aanvallen en zijn blessure pijn.

Overeem is gewoon gegroeit als een beest haha, ik zeg ook niet dat hij gebruikt maar het is wel snel gegaan met hem.

Btw Overeem wil wel vechten in de UFC, mits ze hem goed betalen ;)

haha zo ken ik er nog een paar. als ik zou gebruiken, en wist dat ze mij gingen pakken dan. dan zou ik zelfs een miljoen nog niet genoeg vinden dan, niet genoeg om mijn carriere te verneuken

Biiyen
11-02-2009, 23:23
Een pijnstiller afgeleid van Morphine, die erom bekend staat dat het verslavend is, je er achtervolgingswaanzin cq. parnoïde trekjes van krijgt en er zijn mensen die het gewoon slikken voor de fun.

In mijn ogen is dat niet echt een doorsnee paracetamol...