PDA

View Full Version : Alistair Overeem Interview

Slome
21-02-2009, 15:23
Alistair Overeem speaks about UFC, Fedor, Lesnar and Remy Bonjasky.

http://www.fansofk1.com/uploads/articles/1873/overeem.jpg

DreamFighters.com: Great speaking with you once again Alistair. How are things going? Are you taking a little break, or back to training?

Alistair Overeem: I have been on a holiday to Miami and started training again in february, right now i am back in the gym and are very pleased to be training with John Olav Einemo, with his 2 meter high being ADDC heavyweight champion, he is the perfect sparringpartner for me. John Olav Einemo just signed with Golden Glory and is currently training at Golden Glory Breda in Holland.

Question: Do you know when you will be fighting next?

Alistair Overeem: Maybe I will be fighting another k-1 fight March 28 or in Dream April 5th, maybe I do both, hahahahaa

Question: How was you time at the UFC in Ireland when you met Dana White and watched the UFC?

Alistair Overeem: It was great, my management arranged the trip to England, I went together with team mate Semmy schilt, they had to move us from the first row to inside the gates as there were to many fans coming for pictures. It was a great evening. Dana was nice and we talked about me maybe coming to the UFC and dana told me he would talk to the Golden Glory management!

Question: Are you wanting to fight in the UFC? Can you tell us when you will be fighting in the UFC next?

Alistair Overeem: I am a fighter, i am still young and right now I still have a conctract with Dream. My management is working on several deals!

Question: Any desire to fight for Affliction MMA, and possibly take on Fedor?

Alistair Overeem: Yes

Question: Randy Couture told us you would be a GREAT addition to the UFC - Who in the UFC would you like to fight?

Alistair Overeem: I have not really a problem with fighting anybody, so when there will be an agreement, i will hear who my opponent will be. Mirr, Lesnar its all good for me!

Question: Mirko Crocop is back in the UFC. Any Desire to fight him there?

Alistair Overeem: Pffffffffffff , if he really put out the statement with the basement crap he sunk very far. i gave him the opportunity to fight me a NYE but he fought Hong men Choi, you do the math!

Question: There has been words saying you are to fight Remy Bonjasky in a K-1 fight. Is that true?

Alistair Overeem: I have challenged him as he is a three time K-1 champion and i defeated finalist Badr hari this year, this would be the most challenging for me right now. i have everything to win in that fight and nothing to loose!

Question: What are your thoughts on the WAMMA belt and the WAMMA system of crowning 1 champion in each weight class across promotional lines. Fedor and Shinya Aoki currently hold a WAMMA belt each.

Alistair Overeem: I hold the world heavyweight strikeforce title and i am planning to get the Dream heavyweight belt as well, so WAMMA and UFC could also be added at that list, hahahahaaha

from: DreamFighters.com - February 20, 2009 by Adam Baker

chief108
21-02-2009, 18:14
zie je wel?
hij ontloopt Yvel

WAR GILBERT!!!!

micha
21-02-2009, 21:10
lol@chief

Ali is de man op het moment.

A.F.
21-02-2009, 21:30
zie je wel?
hij ontloopt Yvel

WAR GILBERT!!!!

hahahaha...

het zou wat zijn zeg... als ie Remy ook naar het canvas slaat pfffff dan stijgt ze marktwaarde gewoon met 100%

wrestler_nl
21-02-2009, 21:42
zie je wel?
hij ontloopt Yvel

WAR GILBERT!!!!

x2!!!!:D

TOON
21-02-2009, 21:49
zie je wel?
hij ontloopt Yvel

WAR GILBERT!!!!

daar begint het wel op te lijken inderdaad! hij blijft maar praten over Mir, Lesnar enzo....maar over Yvel geen woord.....

GILBERT RULES!!!!!

;-)

gieloe
21-02-2009, 22:49
Is toch logisch gezien de payout die gilbert kreeg laatst bij affliction. Met andere woorden internationaal is Gilbert gewoon niet echt een naam. Dus hij kan meer verliezen tegen hem dan winnen.

Jones
22-02-2009, 06:32
Question: There has been words saying you are to fight Remy Bonjasky in a K-1 fight. Is that true?

Alistair Overeem: I have challenged him as he is a three time K-1 champion and i defeated finalist Badr hari this year, this would be the most challenging for me right now. i have everything to win in that fight and nothing to loose!

Prachtig wel iemand uitdagen en dan de underdog positie innemen!!! Ik heb niks te verliezen lekker makkelijk en wanneer hij wint is hij de held van de gehele vechtsportwereld.
Vind het een beetje krom eerlijk gezegd maja.

anonymous001
22-02-2009, 14:16
Zoals Tom Poes zou zeggen: Hm.

jesselaar
22-02-2009, 16:14
ik denk dat gilbert te duur is om op glory te vechten
de jongens die bij gg zitten vechten natuurlijk voor de eer maar een goeie tegenstander voor sem of alistair vinden is niet zo makkelijk en is te duur

micha
22-02-2009, 17:00
ik denk dat gilbert te duur is om op glory te vechten
de jongens die bij gg zitten vechten natuurlijk voor de eer maar een goeie tegenstander voor sem of alistair vinden is niet zo makkelijk en is te duur

gelul er iszelfs een sponsor voor die partij!!

A.F.
22-02-2009, 17:12
gelul er iszelfs een sponsor voor die partij!!

en is er al contact met het management van Gilbert opgenomen???

voordat we straks weer de grootste verhalen krijgen...