PDA

View Full Version : poll- Franklin vs Silva Battling teacher vs Axe Murderer

marcelt
14-03-2009, 13:32
Wie wint er? Vul de poll in en hieronder een analyse en misschien heb je er nog eigen gedachten over?

UFC 99: Franklin Vs Silva: Can the Battling Teacher Ace The Axe Murderer ?
by stoker dafire (Senior Writer) van bleacherreport.com
T
"Holy-battling-catch-weight-showdowns-Batman, it's the Axe Murderer versus the Ace!"

Sorry fight fans, I've still got childhood visions of Batman and Robin running through my head; especially after the UFC announced this week that two of the worlds top MMA stars would indeed fight each other.

Wanderlei "the axe murderer" Silva will square off against one of the most popular UFC fighters in the world, Rich "Ace" Franklin at UFC 99 in Cologne Germany on June 13th.

It's my personal opinion that both these men are very well established fighters in the new MMA - UFC popularity explosion.

However, I am also of the opinion that both need an exciting win to continue having top level careers in this popular new sport.

Knowing the skills of these two men - and my previous statement - is what makes this fight so interesting to me.

The fight will be at a catch-weight-limit of 195 pounds, just ten pounds below light heavyweight and ten pounds above middleweight.

These two fighters are very evenly matched...both are just a tiny bit past their primes..just enough to make this an interesting fight.

They have both lost some defensive skills, which in my view will make it more entertaining from a fans point of view.

The odds of a knockout happening are very good.

Legendary status takes years of hard work to obtain.

I think both men have acquired it, but its a fleeting acquisition that can be easily lost with one too many bad performances.

My feeling is that these men are aware of their popularity, and wont want to risk losing again so soon.

Franklin is coming off a loss to Dan Henderson and Silva has a recent knockout loss against his old nemesis, Rampage Jackson.

Most of us hard core MMA fans have been anticipating this type of match up for years, and if you're a fan of "stand up brawls" you wont want to miss this one.

Silva is not a cautious fighter by any means, he throws murderous short hooks to the body and head and has knocked out guys like Rampage Jackson with pinpoint accurate knee strikes.

Rich Franklin is also the pressure fighter type but very cautious, he will look to counter Silva who will no doubt will be constantly coming forward.

Franklin has excellent octagon control and his intelligence in the midst of battle is second only to Anderson Silva.

So its the thinking mans fighter facing the blood and guts Mauy Thai warrior.

If I had to go out on a limb and pick a winner I'd say Silva.

Franklin hasn't been the same fighter since losing twice to elite UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

My Feeling is that if Franklin gets hit with one or two of Silva's short solid hooks he will back off, or go down.

If that happens and Franklin is wobbled, there isn't anyone in MMA who can sense blood better than Silva.

Silva won't hesitate to administer the coup de gras. If you don't believe me just ask Kieth Jardine.

The shaft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle's own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.
Aesop, The Eagle and the Arrow
Greek slave & fable author (620 BC - 560 BC)

wrestler_nl
14-03-2009, 14:12
wandy

Jeru
14-03-2009, 14:13
Ik wacht nog wel effe 2 maanden met deze poll :D

MilfhunterMMA
14-03-2009, 14:26
Ik hoop wand maar ik vrees dat Franklin dit gaat winnen

K-1sunstarr
14-03-2009, 14:28
Franklin heeft geen schijn van kans tegen Silva.

NielsN
14-03-2009, 14:31
Franklin heeft geen schijn van kans tegen Silva.

:confused:

Kan je dat toelichten?

marcelt
14-03-2009, 16:30
Ik wacht nog wel effe 2 maanden met deze poll :D

Begrijp ik tegen die tijd nog even TTT-en, maar door die kaartjes ben ik helemaal hyper!

TheHagueBoxer
14-03-2009, 20:13
Sliva is misschien niet meer zo goed als in Pride, maar hij zorgt er nog steeds voor dat ik maanden van tevoren al naar zijn gevechten uitkijk. Goeie match-up ik hoop dat silva gaat slopen!

Tony
14-03-2009, 22:18
Franklin pakt deze... hij is té compleet.

kooivechter
14-03-2009, 23:07
dit gaat franklin vrij makkelijk winnen. Op punten sowieso en waarschijnlijk ook op ko. wanderlei heeft teveel heroische wedtsrijden geleverd. Z'n kin is al lang niet meer zo sterk als in z'n pride dagen. Ik vind ook dat wanderlei niet sparen, hij krijgt steeds hele zware tegenstanders.

marcelt
15-03-2009, 08:51
Wanderlei is een groot kampioen en wil geen koekies.

Pepe the Ice-Murderer
15-03-2009, 13:12
Wanderlei is een groot kampioen en wil geen koekies.

Inderdaad, de laatste tijd heeft hij wat verliespartijen gedraaid, maar bekijk zijn palmares maar eens, dat zegt toch wel genoeg over hem denk ik.

Wanderlei is van de oude Vale Tudo garde, of hij dit wint of niet, hij blijft mijn all time favorite!

WARRRR WANDERLEI!!!!!