PDA

View Full Version : Alistair Overeem interview

Slome
21-03-2009, 10:55
Alistair Overeem interview

This one is translation of interview posted on www.k-1.co.jp (http://www.k-1.co.jp/) website.

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1189/alistairvshunt7eu2.jpg

Interviewer-- At the Dynamite!! event on New Years Eve, you won against Badr Hari at K-1 rules by KO. How were the repercussions of your victory?
Alistair-- It got people talking about it even in the Netherlands. The people around me celebrated it. But it looks like it angered some of Badr's fans.

Interviewer-- What happened?
Alistair-- I got a threatening letter from someone who seemed like one of his fans.

Interviewer--What did it say!?
Alistair-- Things I can't possibly talk about here.

Interviewer-- Well, I think it came as a shock not only to Badr fans, but K-1 fans in general.
Alistair-- Badr's problem was that he underestimated me. He probably thought that he was facing the me who lost against Glaube Feitosa (2004 May 30th, at the Ichigeki Event) several years ago. But I've been doing stand-up training as well, and I also spar with Zimmerman, Saki, and Leko at Golden Glory as well. He imaged the me back then, which why he lost so badly.

Interviewer-- It could be argued that Badr wasn't in the best of conditions since he was downed twice in the WGP Finals.
Alistair-- That might be true, but if so, he shouldn't have fought me. I don't want you to get me wrong, I don't dislike Badr. Like me, he's a fighter who goes at it with everything he's got. If you aim for a KO like he does, you'll inevitably get damaged yourself. I can't deny that he might have had damage before he even fought me. But what does that matter? That's how fighting is. Once you're up on the ring, you can't make excuses. It's all about who beats the other, and who gets beaten. It's meaningless to search for reasons why one lost.

http://urdirt.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/susumu071.jpg

Interviewer-- I see
Alistair-But if there's one thing I sympathize with Badr about, it's about what he did to Remy at the WGP Finals.

Interviewer-That was an illegal act though.
Alistair-Of course, you can't commit a foul. No matter what the situation you're in, you have to adhere to the rules. But I can understand what he felt against Remy.

Interviewer-So you say that you loathe Remy?
Alistair-I won't say that I loathe him, but he does irritate me. He just clamps up his guard like a shell and slaps with his low kicks.

Interviewer-Slapping (laughter). But that's his style, and an effective tactic.
Alistair-I know that, but a professional needs to heat up the audience, that's his job. If you just keep slapping, the ones watching get irritated. He'll probably try that dull offense against me as well.

Interviewer-What about you?
Alistair-I'm planning on going aggressively this time. Sure, the fight might not excite as much this time since I'm fighting Remy instead of Badr, but I plan on being on the offensive. I just pray that he'll be at least a bit aggressive as Badr was against me as well.

Interviewer-Besides yourself, Gegard Mousasi KO'd Musashi while Kawajiri KO'd Takeda on New Years Eve as well. Some are saying that MMA fighters are strong while K-1 fighters are weak.
Alistair-That's mistaken, I'm just special (laugh). I'm in an environment where I can spar with Golden Glory members, and all fighters have their own styles. For example, Chute Boxe fighters are said to be invincible at MMA, but they don't go into K-1, and probably wouldn't stand a chance against K-1 top fighters either. I am surprised that Gegard won against Musashi. But even Gegard might not be able to win against other K-1 fighters like Schilt and Aerts. MMA fighters have to think about many things during a match. Takedown defense, movement on the ground, timing of guards and grapples... they have to consider many factors within moments. Compared to that, standup is simple and easier to understand. That's why I think K-1 sells better among the public.

Interviewer-Mr. Tanikawa left a sensational comment, saying that "if Remy loses, K-1 is at an end."
Alistair-Ah, well that's not good (laugh). Yes, he probably think that the chances of a guy who has only fought in K-1 twice like myself winning are slim... Well I'm going up against a three time champ on my third fight, so it's natural for him to think that. But of course, I'm going up on the ring confidence in victory, and though I'm a MMA fighter, I believe that my fights can be entertaining as Badr's even in K-1 rules. But is it ok for him to say something like that? He's probably irritated that K-1 fighters have been losing to MMA fighters, but I'm going to be winning again!

Interviewer-You're going to win!?
Alistair-If Mr. Tanikawa said something like that, I'm gonna beat Remy and irritate him some more.

Interviewer-I hear that you wanted this fight badly.
Alistair-After all, Remy is the reigning K-1 champ. I was thinking that this might happen on NYE this year, but I'm surprised that the match got decided so soon.

Interviewer-Do you think Remy's flying knee will be able to land on you?
Alistair-You got that question backwards. Ask me if you think my flying knee will hit him. I can use the same move. Maybe it'll be aerial combat at Yokohama. Also, I wanted to say that he's claiming to be a "Flying Gentleman", but he should change it to "Flying Actor".

Interviewer-Oh?
Alistair-His acting on the stage with Badr was perfect. Now, if he stood up and KO'd Badr, he would have been a real hero. I don't know if he saw double or something, but I can only think it's a performance from pictures. Fouls are wrong, but it's inconceivable that someone would do that act in that situation. In the past, Remy did something like that when he fought against Leko and Sapp. It's only natural that people doubt him. Remy seems to want to be a Hollywood Star, so maybe he wants to do anything to become one. Well, his acting career seems to be going fine, but a fighter should stand in the ring. If he starts acting in my fight, I'll spank him (laugh).

Interviewer-Now finally, do you have a message for K-1 fans?
Alistair-Everyone, please don't get disappointed if I win!

simtekf1
21-03-2009, 10:58
Thanks maar deze was laatst al geplaatst. ;)

Slome
21-03-2009, 13:51
Thanks maar deze was laatst al geplaatst. ;)

:fp:
ow, sorry, had nog gezocht (geen resultaat)...

Maar neg-reps is weer overdreven broeders, niet?

ICON
21-03-2009, 13:54
dan krijg je reps ter compensatie

NielsN
21-03-2009, 13:56
:fp:
ow, sorry, had nog gezocht (geen resultaat)...

Maar neg-reps is weer overdreven broeders, niet?

:eek:

Wie?

Vitor Belfort
21-03-2009, 14:09
dan krijg je reps ter compensatie

x2

Effective
21-03-2009, 14:13
x3!! Thanks voor het interview!

Slome
21-03-2009, 14:15
Dank u, Dank u....

neg-reps is geen moord gelukkig, maar ja... het zou wel zo stoer zijn als de broeder is kwestie hier dan ook post...

btw: ontopic:

Interviewer-Oh?
Alistair-His acting on the stage with Badr was perfect. Now, if he stood up and KO'd Badr, he would have been a real hero. I don't know if he saw double or something, but I can only think it's a performance from pictures. Fouls are wrong, but it's inconceivable that someone would do that act in that situation. In the past, Remy did something like that when he fought against Leko and Sapp. It's only natural that people doubt him. Remy seems to want to be a Hollywood Star, so maybe he wants to do anything to become one. Well, his acting career seems to be going fine, but a fighter should stand in the ring. If he starts acting in my fight, I'll spank him (laugh).

Die ali o, krijgt steeds meer praatjes.. wel met humor gelukkig;)

Mr 1 Leg
21-03-2009, 17:57
x3!! Thanks voor het interview!x4 ;)