PDA

View Full Version : Cro Cop: I could have lost my leg

KO TKO
21-03-2009, 14:45
Sportal.hr - Filipovi?: Mogao sam i ostati bez noge (http://sportal.vecernji.hr/vld/sportal/ostalo/borilacki/3261215/index.do)

translation
"Due to urgent, but lighter intervention on the operated knee, Mirko Filipovic can not train until Monday. In the Trauma Clinic doctors removed the fluids in his knee and gave it for analysis.
Mirko - for 7 days i had high temperature, so they suspected i had a bacteria. It turns out that in the knee, there really is a bacteria, and i'm on antibiotics now. I will have the IV in my arms until Monday. If it wasn't for the IV, i would be training today...

After the lab tested the fluids, Mirko was called to immediately report to the hospital. 2 of the best orthopedist in Croatia, insisted on immediate cleaning of the entire knee.

Mirko - as soon as i was recieved in the hospital, they dosed me and "washed" the entire knee with solution to reduce the risk to minimum. Bacteria is now removed and the danger is over. You can not joke with those things, bacteria in the knee are very dangerous and you can lose your leg.

Mirko said this will not get in the way of his schedule and that we will see him fight in June/July.

For those that were concerned, i have to tell there are no reasons to panic. If there are people that wished the end of my carreer, i will dissapoint them. In two weeks i start boxing. Besides that, i have used the time off to develop strength so i believe that in front of me lies my last but most productive period of my carreer.

Cro Cop gained some muscles. He now weights 107 kg (235 lb), and benchpresses 140 kg (308 lb). His record is 165 kg (363 lb) and he does 10 series of 30 pull-ups and rides hand-bicycle.

In MMA, absolute strength is getting more important, especially in the clinch. I will be more powerful than ever."

Angelco
21-03-2009, 15:59
thanks, reps!

Tsuki
21-03-2009, 17:51
ik ken iemand hier op mixfight die weegt 75 kg die bankt ook 140 kg dus ...........................

NielsN
21-03-2009, 18:12
ik ken iemand hier op mixfight die weegt 75 kg die bankt ook 140 kg dus ...........................

:D Ja, moest ik ook gelijk aan denken...

Het is ook niet zo heel erg veel, voor een zwaargewicht.

123trisweat
21-03-2009, 18:19
:D Ja, moest ik ook gelijk aan denken...

Het is ook niet zo heel erg veel, voor een zwaargewicht.

maar drukt dat in Tabata vorm (crocop is tenslotte geen bodybuilder)

NielsN
21-03-2009, 18:29
maar drukt dat in Tabata vorm (crocop is tenslotte geen bodybuilder)

Daar heb je ook weer een punt...