PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Lashley vs. Jason Guida VIDEO

TheForce
22-03-2009, 07:04
Bobby Lashley vs. Jason Guida Video - March Badness (http://mixedmartialartvideos.com/2009/03/21/bobby-lashley-vs-jason-guida-video-march-badness/)
Din Thomas vs. Gabe Lemley Video - March Badness (http://mixedmartialartvideos.com/2009/03/21/din-thomas-vs-gabe-lemley-video-march-badness/)
Dennis Hallman vs. Danny Ruiz Video - March Badness (http://mixedmartialartvideos.com/2009/03/21/dennis-hallman-vs-danny-ruiz-video-march-badness/)

Mr 1 Leg
22-03-2009, 09:14

Spencer
22-03-2009, 14:24
weer een oud WWE ster die switcht naar MMA! :D

Slome
23-03-2009, 21:44
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=WAR6CGE6

Jeff “The Snowman”Monson of American Top Team faces former IFL’er Roy Nelson @ March Badness in Pensacola, FL.

Monson, Lashley, Thomas and Hallman MMA winners in Pensacola, Florida.

http://www.matratz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/square-ring-header-530x111.jpg

PENSACOLA, Fla. (March 21, 2009) — Fighting at home for the first time in a decade, 8-time world champion Roy Jones, Jr. (53-5, 39 KOs) fought before a packed house of loyal fans and gave them exactly what they came for with a dazzling display of superior quickness and athleticism en route to a fifth-round stoppage of 4-time world title challenger Omar Sheika for the vacant NABO championship last night in Pensacola, Florida.
Jones-Sheika (27-8) headlined tonight’s hybrid pro boxing/mixed-martial-arts show, presented by Jones’ Square Ring Promotions in association with Hirsch Borao Boxing, on pay-per-view live from the Pensacola Civic Center.
The rejuvenated Jones put on another boxing clinic, firing a wide assortment of head and body punches that consistently landed from every conceivable angle from start to finish on the rugged but overmatched Sheika, who simply had no answers for the test given by the future Hall of Fame-bound Jones.

“I want to give thanks to Pensacola in the house,” Jones announced from the center of the ring after the fight. I felt really good. I’m ready. With my father, Coach Merk and my team I’m more comfortable. Do you want me back? (Roy asked the crowd that responded with a thunderous yes). I’ll be coming back.”
In the featured MMA fight of the night, Jeff Monson won a close three-round decision, 29-28 on three cards, in an evenly matched battle between two of the best grapplers in the world. The fight was even going into the final round, in which, Monson’s more effective striking – three clear punches – was the eventual difference.
“I wanted to go on the ground,” Monson commented. “I kept right with him. It was a big win. Roy’s a tough guy.”

Nelson didn’t agree with the final decision. “I got robbed,” he claimed. “It was a boring fight on the ground, but I was controlling the fight and that usually determines the winner. Only in Florida does Roy get robbed (referring to his controversial loss to Andrei Arlovski).”
Going into the match with only one round of MMA experience, former WWE star Bobby Lashley was able to win all three rounds against tough veteran Jason Guida, a replacement who took the fight on 1-½ week notice. Guida nearly pulled-off a major upset early in the third round with a guillotine choke, but the powerfully built Lashley was able to pop his head out of the hold.

“I thought I had him,” Guida noted as he shook his head in frustration when the scores were announced.
“He had it on tight and deep,” Lashley remarked. “But I held on and got out. I didn’t use all of my wrestling skills. This is a sport where we’re gentleman and fighters. His talk got to me a little but my corner helped me keep my mind strong. I’m going right back to the training room.”
Featherweight Din Thomas’ experience and striking advantages resulted in a first-round technical knockout of Gabe Lemley at 4:13 of the first round. Thomas’ series of powerful strikes led Lemley to try and shoot underneath Thomas (23-8), who countered with a picture perfect Muay Thai-knee, sending Lemley down, face first, as the referee immediately halted the action due to the force of the impact.

“Yeah,” Thomas explained, “I set him up with my punches. I had a lot of fun here; I love Pensacola. Boxing is a major part of MMA and was glad to be part of this (boxing/MA event). I took advantage of my experience. I can fight in a cage, ring or parking lot – I don’t care.”
Sixty-three fight MMA veteran Dennis “Superman” Hallman (49-12-2) didn’t miss a beat despite having his first fight in 16 months as he locked-in a rear naked choke from the back, forcing welterweight Danny Ruiz to tap-out at 1:50 of the opening round.

complete MMA results.

Heavyweights
Jeff Monson (25-6), Olympia, WA WDE3 (29-28, 29-28, 29-28) Roy Nelson (13-4), Las Vegas, NV
Bobby Lashley (2-0), Parker, CO WDEC3 (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) Jason Guida (17-20), Chicago, IL

Welterweights
Dennis Hallman (49-12-2), Yelm, WA WSUB1 (1:50 – Rear Naked Choke) Danny Ruiz (8-4), Ft. Walton Beach, FL
James Freeman (1-0), Pensacola, FL WKO1 (2:38 – Punch) John Mowry (0-1), Pensacola, FL

Featherweights
Din Thomas (23-8), Port St. Lucie, FL WTKO1 (4:13 – knee strike) Gabe Lemley (13-9), New London, IA

YoMarK
23-03-2009, 21:53
Iemand die partij van Monson vs Nelson gezien trouwens?
Wat een bagger beslissing zeg, zie echt niet in hoe Monson dat heeft kunnen winnen.

Slome
23-03-2009, 21:57
Iemand die partij van Monson vs Nelson gezien trouwens?
Wat een bagger beslissing zeg, zie echt niet in hoe Monson dat heeft kunnen winnen.

ja, ik heb het gezien.....

YoMarK
23-03-2009, 22:26
Pittige discussies hier op mixfight.

NielsN
23-03-2009, 23:02
:lol:

"Hee, die doodsaaie partij met twijfelachtige uitslag, heb je die gezien?"
"Nee"
"Moet je kijken man!"
"..."

Mr 1 Leg
24-03-2009, 08:08
Pittige discussies hier op mixfight.dat zijn we al gewoon he mark of niet soms grtz hahaha

Sendur
24-03-2009, 10:43
Dat record van Guida.

Kan beter stoppen die gast.

Spencer
24-03-2009, 17:10
idd, Jason Guida (17-20), niet echt inpressive :O

niels
24-03-2009, 17:41
Pittige discussies hier op mixfight.

hahaha