PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Silva vs Roy Jones jr 'done deal'

Il Loco
25-03-2009, 11:52
On April 18 Brazilian fans will beat witness to one of the most anticipated bouts of the year. On this date, in Canada, Anderson Silva will defend his UFC middleweight belt against also-Brazilian Thales Leites. The champion will be looking to extend his eight-fight winning streak in the organization. Doing his preparations in Rio de Janeiro, Anderson took the chance to watch his teammates at Killer Bees in their matches at Jungle Fight, in the Nogueira brothers’ training center and caught up with old friend Paulo Filho.

In this chat with Portal das Lutas, GRACIEMAG.com partner site, the Spider comments humbly on Thales, his training for the challenge and the return of friend Paulao.

Portal das Lutas – What do you expect in this title defense, against a fellow Brazilian?
Anderson Silva – A fight’s a fight, right? I’m going out there to have a great battle. I can’t say much. It’s a tough fight for the both of us. I’m going to try and do my job as best I can and, regardless of the result, what’s important is that the title remains in Brazil.

PDL – Thales has in his Jiu-Jitsu his greatest weapon. How are you preparing for him?
AS – We’re training hard. Everyone’s helping out, Andre Galvao, Paulao, Minotouro, Feijao… The whole gang is focused and everyone is helping me in training. Everyone’s helping out a lot, I can’t say much more than that. It’s a really technical, really good group and the support has been very important for me.

PDL – You’re also doing part of your training at XTRIKER. What’s your relationship with that team like?
AS – I train here at Minotauro Team with the crew. I’m Minotauro Team, everyone knows that.

PDL – You and Paulao were talking a lot and even practiced some positions. What was it like to see your friend again?
AS – It’s hard to talk about Paulao, I can’t even comment. Paulao is a samurai, everyone knows that. I think he’s the best pound-for-pound fighter and he’s proven that to the whole world. He’s beaten some guys out there who were unbeatable and I can only thank God for everything he’s done for me.

PDL – It looks like your dreamed-of bout with boxer Roy Jones, which would mark your retirement, may really happen. Is that true?
AS – After my contract with the UFC ends and end my career in MMA, I intend to have a boxing match with Roy Jones. That’s something that’s already been arranged, it’s all practically a done deal. Now I just have to wait and see.

NielsN
25-03-2009, 12:27
Dus hij gaat stoppen met MMA?! Want die partij zou er op korte termijn moeten komen, zou je denken...

Anderson
25-03-2009, 12:45
Is al langer bekend dat die wou stoppen nadat z'n contract was afgelopen bij de UFC.

Blythe
25-03-2009, 12:49
Vind het maar een vreemd verhaal.. ben benieuwd wat er gaat gebeuren als z'n UFC contract afloopt.

Op zich heb ik alleen maar respect voor sporters die op hun hoogtepunt stoppen maar ga dan geen bokswedstrijd vechten..

NielsN
25-03-2009, 12:50
Is al langer bekend dat die wou stoppen nadat z'n contract was afgelopen bij de UFC.

Ja, nee, dat had ik ook wel ergens opgepikt ergens, ooit, geloof ik, maar ik had helemaal niet door dat dat in de nabije toekomst zou zijn.

Is er meer over bekend wanneer precies?

Il Loco
25-03-2009, 13:00
Ja, nee, dat had ik ook wel ergens opgepikt ergens, ooit, geloof ik, maar ik had helemaal niet door dat dat in de nabije toekomst zou zijn.

Is er meer over bekend wanneer precies?

Nee verder is er vrijwel niks bekend. Ik heb ook geen idee hoe zijn contract bij de UFC eruit ziet. Maar ik vind het hellemaal geen slecht idee.

Kijk naar Bas Rutten, gestopt op zijn top en iedereen weet nog hoe goed hij was. Kijk naar Ken Shamrock, daar is toch niks meer van over..

Het zou wel een coole carreer afsluiter zijn zo'n bokspartij, vooral als hij die dan ook nog eens zou weten te winnen. Dat zou zijn legacy alleen maar groter maken, respect Anderson!:)

Ivo_Colos
25-03-2009, 13:13
Het is wel jammer als hij helemaal zou stoppen. Ik vind hem de spannendste vechter om naar te kijken.
In ieder geval uit de UFC zou geen slecht idee zijn.

Maar stel nou dat hij zou verliezen tegen Roy Jones Jr?? Schaad dat zijn imago

TheHagueBoxer
25-03-2009, 21:22
ik denk dat silva's vechtstijl niet effectief is voor boksen en ik denk dat roy jones 5 jaar geleden met pensioen had moeten gaan. geen interesse in dit gevecht

Mr 1 Leg
26-03-2009, 06:54
ik zou het wel jammer vinden moest anderson silva stoppen. hij zorgde voor mooie fights in de ufc.

MB667
26-03-2009, 08:39
kep liever silvs vs manhoef mma dan silva jones boxmatch, dat wint Jones toch wel.

Sendur
26-03-2009, 09:43
Als Anderson stopt, dan is dat zwaar KUT!

Allinn
26-03-2009, 10:27
Twee legendestegenover elkaar. Dit wordt one to remember. Vergelijk manoef alsjebleift niet met geen van beide vechters. These two fighters Are works of Art Brotha.

In ieder geval mijn favorite mma vechter tegen mijn favoriete boxer.WAW. Als Anderson Silva verliest zal het helemaal niks doen met zijn image als Roy Jones verliest zal het heel erg kut zijn voor hem. Hoop dat er geen knochout valt. Gewoon de volle wedstrijd genieten van hun kunsten.

T15Boxing
26-03-2009, 21:29
Ik geloof er niet in. Dit gaat niet gebeuren.