PDA

View Full Version : Interview Alistair Overeem [again]

Slome
01-04-2009, 17:54
Interview Alistair Overeem

http://www.fansofk1.com/uploads/articles/1973/alistairandremy.jpg

Alistair Overeem was interviewed again, and spoke about the fight against Remy, steroids, Crocop and more.

Again, we would like to take a moment to thank Bas Boon, Alistair Overeem, and Golden Glory for answering our call's so fast, as this will be our 5th interview with Alistair.

DreamFighters.com: First off, great fight against Remy. You went toe to toe with the best K-1 striker in the world. - How did the fight go for you? Did you follow your game plan? Was Remy as hard as you thought?

Alistair Overeem: Well we knew he was going to stand there in his double defence if I would keep the pressure. I think our game plan worked, the pressure was good and I could land some good knees and uppercuts and leg kicks.

DF: If you had to fight him again, what would you do different?

Alistair Overeem: I would throw some more punching combinations, I was too focussed on my game plan, but I actually knocked him down in round two with a right left right combo.

DF: Now looking forward, what is next for Alistair Overeem?

Alistair Overeem: I will going to focuss on MMA again and maybe defend my strikeforce belt soon in the United States.

DF: Will you be fighting more in DREAM, or will you be fighting in the USA next?

Alistair Overeem: Dream and the USA

DF: Have you decided on a promotion to fight with in the USA? (UFC, Affliction) ? Anymore meetings with Dana White and Golden Glory?

Alistair Overeem: My manager is bussy with negotiations, things go very well at this moment.

DF: Mirko Crocop said he wants to fight you now in a K-1 match up. Would you accept that fight, and what are your thoughts on it?

Alistair Overeem: He should fight me under dream rules and finish what we started instead of wanting me to fight in his cellar and now again under different rules.

DF: So you are saying you are open to fighting him again?

Alistair Overeem: Yes, anytime!

http://www.themmanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/overeem38d.jpg

DF: (Fan Question) You and Remy seemed to have fun at the K-1 Presser. Do you always try to plan and play head games with the person you are fighting?

Alistair Overeem: Not really, but it has been sucha hot item that I thought it was funny to do something with this. Fuji Tv even broadcast the oscar thing, so I think they like it.

DF: (Fan Question) What was it liking growing up and living in Holland? Did you get into many fights as a kid growing up?

Alistair Overeem: Yes I was a restless child, lots of energy, my brother took me to a gym when I was 16.

DF: (Fan Question) Many people and critics say you have been taking performance enhancing drugs. What do you have to say about that and to those people?

Alistair Overeem: I have been tested everytime everywere I fight, I have gained weight because I always have been a heavyweight. I was about 103 kg when loosing 10kg to fight at 93 kg/205 lbs. After my last fight in the states I gained about 4 kg per year. But its still easy for me to loose 10kg or gain quickly.

DF: (Fan Question) Alistair, we all want to see you fight Fedor. Do you think this will happen in 2009 or 2010?

Alistair Overeem: I would love to fight him on NYe 2009 in Japan or affliction, its fine by me.

DF: Alistair, thank you once again for speaking to us. Is there anyone you would like to thank?

Alistair Overeem: I would like to thank all my fans and my trainingspartners at Golden Glory, my trainers and managers. peace!
We would like to encourage everyone to check out Alistair's team website: Golden Glory (http://www.goldenglory.com/top.html)

source: Dreamfighters.com

Wheelie
01-04-2009, 20:32
Bedankt

marcelt
01-04-2009, 22:21
thnx

MB667
02-04-2009, 07:56
thnx!

Sendur
02-04-2009, 10:05
TNx

Fightchick
02-04-2009, 10:39
Klopt het dat martijn (trainer alistair) de oscar van bonjasky uit zijn handen sloeg?:O
zo ja, is hier beeld matriaal van?:O..

*weet niet of dit het juiste topic is om te posten..?

Je kan de aflevering van afgelopen zaterdag op de site van SBS sport afkijken, daar zie je het aan het einde van de partij.

B3 lik3 M3
02-04-2009, 11:17
Dat gedoe over die oscar weten we nu wel.
Thnx voor het interview!

T15Boxing
02-04-2009, 14:29
Ook thanks.
Maar 10 kilo verliezen en bijkomen is erg ongezond en gevaarlijk voor een vechter.

Paganstars
02-04-2009, 14:33
thnx