PDA

View Full Version : A. Hardonk voorbereiding ufc 97

123trisweat
08-04-2009, 21:22
yep, wish i knew.

Vroeg me af of iemand iets weet? Vind het wel gek 1 v/d 2 NL vechters in de UFC en we hebben maar weinig info

Marchant
08-04-2009, 21:27
A heavyweight bout between Cheick Kongo and Antoni Hardonk has been added to the UFC 97 to be held in Montreal, Canada according to MMAMania. Both fighters are riding win streaks inside the Octagon but with no real front runners in the heavyweight division Cheick Kongo could move right into the #1 contender status with another win. Kongo is coming off a first round TKO win over Mustapha Al Turk at UFC 92 in what was one of the most brutal displays of ground and pound ever witnessed inside the Octagon. Hardonk is also coming off a TKO victory at UFC 92 stopping Mike Wessel in the second round. This could prove to be a very important matchup in the heavyweight division as fighters like Cain Velasquez, Junior dos Santos, Shane Carwin, and Gabriel Gonzaga all shooting for that coveted #1 contender spot that will likely get a shot at the winner of Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir for the heavyweight championship.

alleen dit gevonden maar niets over voorbereiding

RayOmac
08-04-2009, 22:59
Momenteel traint hij in nederland met Henry Akins en zal dit weekend naar Canada vliegen
met zijn trainers. (als hij al niet zit iig vorig weekend was hij gewoon nog in NL)

Mr 1 Leg
09-04-2009, 07:47
WARRRRRRRRRRRRR ANTONI.:thup:

Sendur
09-04-2009, 09:18
WARRRRRRRRRRRRR ANTONI.:thup:

x2

sebastiaan
09-04-2009, 11:11
Wanneer is ufc 97 eigenlijk? bijna? Heb het idee dat t zo lang duurd tot de nieuwe ufc.
Hoop dat Antoni deze pakt, moet kunnen, op papier is hij zeker de betere kickboxer.
En ik zie niet zo goed wat Kongo zou kunnen hebben wat Antoni niet heeft, behalve mma ervaring misschien.

Emilio
09-04-2009, 11:48
18 april;

Pepe the Ice-Murderer
09-04-2009, 14:12
x2

x3 WAR HARDONK

Kill Kongo!

En Shane Carwin gaat het nog ver brengen als die gast blijft swingen zoals ie bezig is

PD_EC
09-04-2009, 20:43
WAR antoni

iconian
10-04-2009, 11:18
yep, wish i knew.

Vroeg me af of iemand iets weet? Vind het wel gek 1 v/d 2 NL vechters in de UFC en we hebben maar weinig info

Stefan Struve is die 2e?

Kongo heeft een tijd in Nederland gewoond & gevochten, tegen crocop kon je goed zien dat hij weet hoe hij met kickboxers om moet gaan. Het schijnt dat Bas Rutten Hardonk een paar keer heeft getraind in zn gym in cali, ik hoop dat dat terug te zien is.

iconian
14-04-2009, 09:54
nog 4 dagen tot geveht, any predictions?

LJ Silver
15-04-2009, 16:32
nu net op http://uk.ufc.com/

filmpje Antoni vs Cheick

iconian
15-04-2009, 19:58
goe zo

LJ Silver
16-04-2009, 22:26
Apr-16-2009
Antoni Hardonk – Taking His Time, Learning His Craft

By Thomas Gerbasi ([email protected])

Call me crazy, but the fight I’m looking forward to most this weekend at UFC 97 in Montreal has nothing to do with the pound for pound king, Anderson Silva, or “The Iceman”, Chuck Liddell. No, when I settle into my seat at the Bell Centre in Montreal, I’m anticipating a heavyweight war between Antoni Hardonk and Cheick Kongo, two of the division’s best strikers.

And Hardonk, a native of Weesp, Holland, is just as eager to hear the opening bell ring.

“I’m very excited about this fight, and I’ve wanted to fight Kongo for a long time because I think he’s a very, very skilled fighter,” he said. “He’s really more experienced than I am and he has quite a good name, but I’m not sure if he’s going to stand with me though because he’s been working a lot on the ground too. He showed very tough ground and pound in his last fight, so I’m prepared for both the standup and the ground game.”

The prototypical heavyweight at 6-4, 245 pounds, Hardonk has quietly bounced back from a horrid 2007 campaign that saw him lose back to back bouts to Justin McCully and Frank Mir by putting together a three fight winning streak that has seen him stop each of his foes. Needless to say, he learned some lessons in the McCully and Mir bouts that he’s been able to apply since then.

“What I learned the most from the McCully fight was how to deal with the fence,” said Hardonk. “Before I fought in the UFC, I mostly did kickboxing and I was used to fighting in a ring. I learned my lesson against McCully. He pushed me to the fence and he kept me there. He used the fence to control me, and that gave me a really hard time. With the Frank Mir fight, it was not so much a technical thing that I learned, but the biggest mistake I made there was that I was in a rush. I have a tendency to fight aggressively; I want to move forward and I want to finish the fight as quickly as possible. But sometimes you have to be a little bit patient – you have to check your opponent out or weather the storm, and that’s what I learned from the Frank Mir fight. For me, being so offensive-minded, I opened myself up too much, and that’s why I made a big mistake and he could submit me.”

Hardonk’s gains in those fights have led to misfortune for Colin Robinson, Eddie Sanchez, and Mike Wessel. Sure, those three aren’t considered upper echelon heavyweights, but in those bouts, Hardonk showed not only his concussive power, but also an improving ground and pound game and the ability to rise from knockdowns and still prevail. The last point may be the most important, as Hardonk has shown that he isn’t a frontrunner like many strikers. He’s got the heart to fight back under fire.

“I think that’s the first skill that every fighter needs to have to make it to the top level,” he said. “Of course you train your techniques, your attacks, your defenses, and you know what to do in every situation, but a fight never goes perfect, so you get hit during a fight – sometimes not too bad, but sometimes you can get hurt bad and then it’s very important to show how you can deal with that. I think if you want to become a champion one day, then you need to have a lot of heart.”

As for his ground attack, which is being honed under the tutelage of Rickson Gracie black belt Henry Akins, Hardonk knows he still has work to do, and thus will continue to be described by fans as primarily a striker.

“With the ground, it’s a work in progress, and I’m getting better with each fight,” he said. “But of course it’s my standup skills that set me apart from most of the other fighters, so I can understand why people talk about that most of the time.”

What does baffle the 34-year old Hardonk though is hearing fighter after fighter proclaim either future greatness or title shot readiness without truly being prepared for such lofty goals. Sure, he knows you need to be confident, but he also knows that true confidence only comes with complete preparation for the task at hand and the tasks ahead.

“I look at all the big champions in all sports from the past, and I have very high standards for myself and I’m not where I want to be yet,” said Hardonk. “I realize that there is so much to learn, and I’m getting better, but I’m not there yet. I think that some of these fighters that say ‘yeah, I can fight for the title tomorrow,’ they have no idea where they want to go. They just think about fighting and not preparing. If you have the title, you also want to be successful in defending the title, and I think I always look a little bit more at the long-term.”

So even with a win over Kongo, which would be his fourth in a row and fifth in seven UFC fights, Hardonk is not expected to grab the microphone from Joe Rogan in the Octagon and scream for a shot at UFC heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar.

“I don’t think that my next fight will be for the title,” he said. “Of course, it’s good to have a few wins in a row, but I’m still quite inexperienced, and I think that all the fighters who are fighting for the title right now are more experienced and have had much more exposure in the past.”

It may not be Hardonk’s time yet, but rest assured that when his time does come, he will be ready. And that’s a scary proposition for the heavyweight division.

:thup:

sikkwitttet
16-04-2009, 22:42
vette shit. hoop dat hij niet tegen een stoot aan loopt, en zich zelf dan vast zet voor die kongo. want dat is toch wel een beest man. en hoop helemaal niet dat kongo meteen shoot. en antoni dan zo neerhaalt.

lowkicks keep em going

123trisweat
16-04-2009, 23:14
idd War hardonk.

Goed op te lezen.

Wie weet waar kongo in NL heeft getraind?
Cheick Kongo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheick_Kongo)

bas2005
17-04-2009, 10:46
Goede reclame voor de Nederlandse vechtsport! De bescheidenheid van Antoni siert hem.

War Hardonk

ps. hebben jullie de predictions van Antoni&Cheick op video homepage ufc al gezien?

bas2005
17-04-2009, 11:00
BTW: Volgens mij traint Antoni bij Olympiawaard in Heerhugowaard (BJJ&MMA)
KB natuurlijk bij Ernesto Hoost en ik hoorde dat hij ook wat met Kettlebells traint...

Geef Congo maar een slinger, zou ik zeggen!

iconian
17-04-2009, 18:57
voor de die hards is de weigh in live te volgen vanaf 24.00 vanavond, hardonk & kongo zijn als 1 van de laatste

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventdetail.home&eid=480