PDA

View Full Version : Anderson analyzes his fight

cholitzu
22-04-2009, 00:12
Criticized, Anderson fires back

Despite breaking a record, the Spider explains himself to the press

Anderson Silva has already etched his name into UFC history. Besides being of the most dominant champions of recent times, the Spider last Saturday night established the record for most consecutive wins in the organization, counting nine since his arrival in the octagon in 2006. However, despite his being considered the pound-for-pound best fighter in the world by the president of the UFC, the Brazilian has not escaped criticism. And just as was the case with his victory over Patrick Cote in October of last year, winning doesn’t seem to be enough at least in the eyes of most reporters to show up at the press conference.
The suspicious mood regarding Anderson’s performance was so great that Chuck Liddell, who a little while earlier had been defeated by Mauricio Shogun, stepped in to defend the middleweight champion. “Every time he (Anderson) tried to throw a punch at him, the guy (Thales Leites) threw a punch at the air – the guy fell on his back. He was attacking him the whole time. He was attacking him the whole time. It’s a frustrating fight for a striker when every time you go to hit him he falls to his back; It’s really hard for you to do anything, so what do you want? He was going after him and attacking him,” spat the Iceman, as quoted by MMAWeekly.com.
Silent, Anderson preferred not to heat up further the already hot press conference. “I don’t know if it’s that people don’t understand my style of fighting, but I go out there to train to be efficient and have a perfect fight. Not every fight is going to be a knockout, not every fight is going to be some spectacular finish. What I trained to do I executed in there,” said Anderson.
Also present at the press conference, Dana White didn’t go as far as to admonish Anderson, but did give his opinion about what might have happened. “I honestly think Anderson Silva needs to challenge himself a little more. Maybe we need to do another fight at 205. Maybe we go to 205 to somebody who poses a serious threat to him,” said the UFC president.
Anderson again stepped in with his take: “Basically, I’m comfortable with people’s opinions. People have a right to their own opinion, but when I go out there, everything that I do in training, I feel that I executed in the fight. My game plan, I wanted to go into the later rounds with Thales. I was unable to finish. Sometimes I’m able to finish guys; sometimes I’m not able to. But I felt it proved to everybody that I can go five rounds.”
And so what will be his next step? “I haven’t really thought about what I want next, but it looks like Dana has got something that he’s planning for me. So I want to go back to Brazil and train, and Dana, I’m sorry, next time I’ll do better.”

Anderson analyzes his fight

‘We managed to annul Thales’ game’

Against Thales Leites, at UFC 97, Anderson Silva brought his winning streak in the organization to nine and broke the record for consecutive victories, previously held by Royce Gracie and Jon Fitch. On top of that, he maintained his middleweight belt practically without encountering any danger throughout the entire fight. Even so, there’s no lack of criticism regarding the performance of the Spider, who, in his previous bout, against Patrick Cote, had a lackluster fight.
“I think my entire team is to be congratulated. We did a great job and managed to annul Thales’s game. It was good, I think the outcome was very positive considering what we practiced and proposed to do. It was well done,” said Anderson to Portal das Lutas, GRACIEMAG.com partner site.
Despite it being a less than exciting fight, the Spider is content. He recalls how he had a tough opponent ahead of him and that one can’t please everybody all the time.
“I think everything we trained and proposed to do alongside my technical team, we did. It was the right strategy and we managed to impose our game, show superiority and confuse Thales’s game. I think that was very important,” he said.
“We did what we had to do, confused Thales and completely annulled his game. When it went to the ground, we managed to defend well. In terms of takedowns, we managed to neutralize him and, standing, as well. I think that was what counted most. I have to show my superiority and I think that’s what I did. I can’t always think of putting on a spectacle and risk losing something that’s taken years to conquer. I have to think of winning and, if possible, getting the knockout and putting on a show,” he added.
On his future in the UFC, he is prepared to face any and all comers. With the tendency of fighters from different weight groups facing each other, he does not know what awaits him down the road.
“We’ll wait and see. I don’t know if I’ll fight in the category above, whether I’ll put my belt up for grabs again or if I’ll face Georges St. Pierre. I’m waiting to find out what will happen,” he said.
Anderson admits he’ll rest a few days, but his time off will not last long. The champion took the chance to take a break from his diet and savor his favorite food, the Cheddar McMelt.
“I’ve had my junk food, I went to McDonald’s, but now that’s done. Now I have to keep in shape, because Feijao’s fight is coming up, as is Maldonado’s and some of my students. Soon Jacare will fight and we’re all also focused on Minotauro’s next one. So we have to all be fit for our engagements and focus on Minotauro’s and Jacare’s fights. I can’t be messing around,” he said in finishing.

Bron; Gracie MAg

kooivechter
22-04-2009, 00:59
vind anderson een supervechter. Alleen ik vind hem altijd zo gemaakt beleefd en sportief. Ik heb bij hem altijd zo iets dat het meer een act is en ondertussen denkt van dana white en de amerikanen, flikker maar op jullie heb nog steeds de titel

The Bulldog
22-04-2009, 01:04
Lidell heeft wel gelijk in wat ie zegt eigenlijk...
de partij was dan wel niet leuk om te zien...maar het is nog altijd aan een grondvecter de partij naar de grond te brengen...ipv op zijn rug te gaan liggen alsof ie aan het beunen is op de wallen....

chief108
22-04-2009, 09:38
het is nog altijd aan een grondvecter de partij naar de grond te brengen...ipv op zijn rug te gaan liggen alsof ie aan het beunen is op de wallen....
:lol: