PDA

View Full Version : Dana White ready for a war on Chuck Liddell retirement issue

Tony
23-04-2009, 14:50
UFC Quick Quote: Dana White ready for a war on Chuck Liddell retirement issue (http://mmamania.com/2009/04/22/ufc-quick-quote-dana-white-ready-for-a-war-on-chuck-liddell-retirement-issue/)

By: MMAmania (http://mmamania.com/author/admin/)
http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/danachucklove.jpg

“Chuck Liddell is stupid rich. Chuck Liddell is done. He’s got nothing left to prove. He’s the most famous guy on Earth. I love him like a fucking brother and I don’t want to see him get hurt. There is no reason for it. He’s fucking 40 years old man. These guys that are fighting now are young, explosive, fast fucking kids who are well rounded mixed martial artists. There’s no fucking reason for Chuck Liddell to be out there at 40 years old still fighting. I don’t want to make a fucking nickel off that ever. Believe me, it will be a fucking war if he tries not to retire, believe me. I love him. He helped me build this business. We started when he was making five hundred and five hundred. And we had the dream of him becoming a big star and winning the title and making all kinds of money. We did it all man. We fucking did it all. We did it. We did it. It’s fucking over. He’s 40 years old, it is over. It was amazing that he was able to fight until he was 40. That’s what a bad motherfucker he was. He has nothing to prove to anybody, period. It’s over. We did everything that we set out to do. It has been an amazing run, its been fun. We did it together, we stayed loyal to each other the whole time and we did everything that we hoped to do and now its over. He can do it financially. And plus, I’m going to bring him into the organization in some other way and he’s still going to make money. He’s been loyal to me and I’ve been loyal to him and that’s not going to change now that he’s retiring. He’ll always be a part of the organization. He’ll take on another role, he’ll still make money and he’ll be with me until the day we die…. I always say is that I’ve built this business using the blueprint of boxing, what not to do. We know that you shouldn’t be fighting past your prime, you know?”
– UFC President Dana White provides more context via InsideFighting.com (http://www.insidefighting.com/latest-news/qa-dana-white-talks-anderson-silva-controversies-and-more) on his reasons for essentially forcing former light heavyweight champion and his good friend, Chuck Liddell, into retirement after his most recent loss (his fourth in his last five appearances) to Mauricio “Shogun” Rua at UFC 97: “Redemption” this past weekend. Liddell skirted the retirement talk as best he could after the bout, saying he needed a few drinks and a few days to come to a final decision. His trainer, John Hackleman, stated that Liddell would decide “in the next week” or so. The plot thickens …

YoMarK
23-04-2009, 15:39
Dana heeft gelijk, maar als Chuck nog wil vechten moet hij dat doen.

Het zou zonde zijn...want op een 2e Ken Shamrock(iedereen vind hem een waardeloze vechter nu) zit niemand te wachten.

dirk5
23-04-2009, 15:57
Let wel dat onze Dana dit ook zo gaat doen met Wanderlei en big Nog...

iconian
23-04-2009, 16:03
Chuck Liddell is done. He’s got nothing left to prove. He’s the most famous guy on Earth.

Mee eens, ik kan niemand bedenken die beroemder is dan chuck liddell

23-04-2009, 16:20
ik lach me dood als chuck naar affliction gaat..

Wiseguy
23-04-2009, 16:25

Idd.. Obama, Pele en Michael Jackson zijn veel minder bekend dan Liddell.

Tony
23-04-2009, 16:55
Idd.. Obama, Pele en Michael Jackson zijn veel minder bekend dan Liddell.

Michael wie?

NielsN
23-04-2009, 17:04
Michael wie?

Michael Jackson. De whiskykenner, je weet wel.

Paganstars
23-04-2009, 17:13
Obama? Was dat niet erm.. wie??

YoMarK
23-04-2009, 17:25
Je moet wel de "DWBF"(Dana White Bullshit Filter) aanzetten als je zijn berichten leest. Deze gaat er vanuit dat dingen 10x minder spectaculair zijn dan verteld...dat alles gehyped en overdreven is...en dat fuck en fucking gewoon een stopwoordje is.
Hierna blijft er normaal een klein stukje over, en daar ben ik het in dit geval wel mee eens.

Een dergelijk "filter" gebruik ik ook als ik b.v. berichten van Jamila lees.

De man van 14K
23-04-2009, 17:34
het GG spam filter? ik wil niet weten wat zie als ik dat filter uitzet..

XedgeX
23-04-2009, 17:44
“Chuck Liddell is stupid rich. Chuck Liddell is done. He’s got nothing left to prove. He’s the most famous guy on Earth. I love him like a fucking brother and I don’t want to see him get hurt. There is no reason for it. He’s fucking 40 years old man. These guys that are fighting now are young, explosive, fast fucking kids who are well rounded mixed martial artists. There’s no fucking reason for Chuck Liddell to be out there at 40 years old still fighting. I don’t want to make a fucking nickel off that ever. Believe me, it will be a fucking war if he tries not to retire, believe me. I love him. He helped me build this business. We started when he was making five hundred and five hundred. And we had the dream of him becoming a big star and winning the title and making all kinds of money. We did it all man. We fucking did it all. We did it. We did it. It’s fucking over. He’s 40 years old, it is over. It was amazing that he was able to fight until he was 40. That’s what a bad motherfucker he was. He has nothing to prove to anybody, period. It’s over. We did everything that we set out to do. It has been an amazing run, its been fun. We did it together, we stayed loyal to each other the whole time and we did everything that we hoped to do and now its over. He can do it financially. And plus, I’m going to bring him into the organization in some other way and he’s still going to make money. He’s been loyal to me and I’ve been loyal to him and that’s not going to change now that he’s retiring. He’ll always be a part of the organization. He’ll take on another role, he’ll still make money and he’ll be with me until the day we die…. I always say is that I’ve built this business using the blueprint of boxing, what not to do. We know that you shouldn’t be fighting past your prime, you know?”

Iwan
23-04-2009, 17:52

CHUCK NORRIS!

Die was met z'n 50 nog steeds een bad mofo!

Sendur
23-04-2009, 20:55

NEVER

amilster
23-04-2009, 21:19

LOLZ en daar Fedor in een five round battle met een armbar submit :D

marcelt
23-04-2009, 21:44
He ik vind dit desondanks een topreactie van Dana. IK kan hem soms wel schieten met zijn uitspraken, maar dit is top.

TOON
23-04-2009, 21:58
wsl gaat ie met pensioen en komt ie af en toe opdraven bij verschillende UFC events....tot het over anderhalf jaar ofzo begint te kriebelen en Dana ook weer geld ruikt en ze zijn comeback ontzettend gaan hypen....om het nog even uit te melken...

De man van 14K
24-04-2009, 00:57
Die wordt straks net zo uitgemolken als Couture...

Remco
24-04-2009, 12:31
Well put!!!

Dana denkt nu al aan het scenario voor over 1 a 2 jaar. Chuck back from the dead! Dan levert een partij meer op dan het vooruitzicht dat Chuck over 3 maanden weer op een hoek loopt.

Wat ook niet klopt is dat er nu ineens gedaan of 39 bejaard is, terwijl Randy in dezelfde adem wel serieus genomen wordt. Ook het morele verhaal geloof ik niet. Shamrock, Gracie, Coleman, ze mochten allemaal terugkomen. Shamrock zelfs 3 keer tegen Tito. 3 keer drama. We gaan toch niet beweren dat Chuck belangrijker voor de UFC is dan deze drie bijelkaar?

Vitor Belfort
24-04-2009, 16:15
Well put!!!

Dana denkt nu al aan het scenario voor over 1 a 2 jaar. Chuck back from the dead! Dan levert een partij meer op dan het vooruitzicht dat Chuck over 3 maanden weer op een hoek loopt.

Wat ook niet klopt is dat er nu ineens gedaan of 39 bejaard is, terwijl Randy in dezelfde adem wel serieus genomen wordt. Ook het morele verhaal geloof ik niet. Shamrock, Gracie, Coleman, ze mochten allemaal terugkomen. Shamrock zelfs 3 keer tegen Tito. 3 keer drama. We gaan toch niet beweren dat Chuck belangrijker voor de UFC is dan deze drie bijelkaar?

Chuck is toch wel Dana's oogappel, money-cow gebleken. Net als Tito eigenlijk, maar haat en liefde liggen dicht bijelkaar hè!

Sendur
24-04-2009, 18:11
Jullie bepalen toch zelf of jullie willen vechten? waarom zou Dana het dan voor Chuck kunnen bepalen? het is niet zijn vader ofzo!

Omdat andere organisaties dan geld aan hem gaan verdienen.

TOON
24-04-2009, 18:17
Jullie bepalen toch zelf of jullie willen vechten? waarom zou Dana het dan voor Chuck kunnen bepalen? het is niet zijn vader ofzo!

ooooooooh maar ze mogen ook wel zelf beslissen, maar als dat dan niet conform de visie van Dana is liggen ze eruit.....dus zeg het maar....wie heeft het voor het zeggen, de vechters of Dana....?

kooivechter
25-04-2009, 01:00
vergeet nooit de uitspraak van wanderlei: I wanna fuck chuck...... fuck chuck. nog een keer anderlei tegen chuck. toen kon die uowe het nog wel maar goed.... wanderlei is ook al way past his prime