PDA

View Full Version : Nick Diaz vs Scott Smith added to June 6 Strikeforce card

Tony
28-04-2009, 10:30
http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/diaz-smith.jpg

Strikeforce announced today that former Elite XC fighters and new Strikeforce acquisitions Nick Diaz (19-7) and Scott Smith (15-5) are confirmed for a special 180-pound showdown during the live Showtime telecast of Strikeforce: “Lawler vs. Shields” from the Scottrade Center in St. Louis , Mo., on June 6.

Diaz (19-7) is coming off perhaps the biggest win of his career on April 11. The former UFC welterweight stopped promotion pillar Frank Shamrock via second round TKO in the main event of “Shamrock vs. Diaz” in the first Strikeforce event since putting its new Pro Elite acquisitions to work.
From Diaz:

“I think this is a great fight for me, but I really hate that (Smith) brings his kids to every one of his fights because now I’m going to be made out to be the bad guy or some sort of villain after I beat him up. At the end of the day, I’m going to do what I have to do though and take him out.”
“Hands of Steel” lived up to his nickname earlier this month by knocking out the hard hitting Benji Radach with a little over a minute remaining in their three round slugfest. Smith was battered and bloodied, but refused to back down and stunned “Razor” — and the rest of the crowd with his thrilling come-from-behind win.

Now the two biggest winners from April 11 will meet on June 6 for a chance to crown themselves the King of St. Louis — and perhaps San Jose — now that Strikeforce elder statesman Frank Shamrock has dropped two straight.

Continue reading ‘Nick Diaz vs Scott Smith added to June 6 Strikeforce card’ (http://mmamania.com/2009/04/27/nick-diaz-vs-scott-smith-added-to-june-6-strikeforce-card/#more-12348)

Tony
28-04-2009, 10:31
Vette matchup....

Maar denk wel dat Diaz hem kan hebben (submission)...
Maar Scott op KO is ook zeker niet onmogelijk.

Wiseguy
28-04-2009, 12:18
Mismatch.

We hebben het over de man die Shamrock, Gomi en Lawler heeft verslagen. Scott Smith heeft geen indrukwekkende startlijst en is 3 ronden mishandeld door Radach.

chief108
28-04-2009, 12:21
Diaz FTW!!

zie die gast graag losgaan

Sendur
28-04-2009, 12:45
Hopen dat we weer zo'n mooie press conference krijgen :P

TOON
28-04-2009, 12:47
altijd top om Diaz aan het werk te zien....buiten en binnen de ring ;-)

Emilio
28-04-2009, 13:50
Hopelijk slaat Smith die arrogante lul zwaar KO.

sikkwitttet
28-04-2009, 14:04
hhahahaahahahaaa

YoMarK
28-04-2009, 15:19
Hopelijk slaat Smith die arrogante lul zwaar KO.
Als Diaz wint, dan heeft de meest getalenteerde vechter gewonnen, wint Smith dan is die "arrogante lul"(wat ie imho ook gewoon is) mooi KO geslagen.
Wat mij betreft altijd goed! :thup:

Mule-Kick
28-04-2009, 15:35
War Diaz! Denk dat ie deze moet kunnen hebben. Maar goed ze noemen Smith natuurlijk niet voor niets Hands of Steel... 1 goede klap kan het einde zijn.

Jani
28-04-2009, 17:27
War Diaz! Denk dat ie deze moet kunnen hebben. Maar goed ze noemen Smith natuurlijk niet voor niets Hands of Steel... 1 goede klap kan het einde zijn.

X2

Ik hoop ook dat Diaz gaat winnen,meschien op sub.

Maar Smith heeft wel enorm veel power in die stoten,en kan ook behoorlijk wat incasseren.

Leuke match up weer

kooivechter
28-04-2009, 22:12
leuke match up. Als diaz het staand wil houden, zie ik hem nog wel verliezen d.m.v. een cut of decision. Diaz eruit slaan wordt erg lastig